Post your Boast! (Pics of your catch)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giant bug

227564_423736081020091_1830565574_n.jpgSpiny Lobster, Bahamas | Size: UNK

Did you eat it or kill it because you felt like it?

Reason for the question is, I hear they are full of worms and not very good to eat.

amberjack is very good to eat. back in the older days they were considered trash fish but honestly its one of my favorite to eat. Alot of restaraunts serve AJ sandwiches and people make dips out of them all the time.
the bigger Aj's tend to be more prone to have worms found inside. But not necessarily.

DSC04318_zps7928fc14.jpg

JBMCLENDON, that's a monster hog. Don't think I've ever seen one that big down here.

I didn't get in the water yesterday trying to heal up some cartilage in my elbow so I drove the boat and gutted and iced fish for the boys. My son Jake shot this dog for his first fish of the day. FAT bugger. Male with a bloated gonad. Got a few others too.

This one was taken about a week ago and weighed 24 pounds. We traveled by boat from the breakwater to Monterey Bay.

Attachments

• halibut1-2013.jpg
    halibut1-2013.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 537
I took these taug last week. 22# and 26.4# That is a oms xxl slipstream for scale, off shore o.c.maryland
Eric

Attachments

• thing 1.jpg
    thing 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 298
  • thing 2.jpg
    thing 2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 280
​This halibut was taken July 19, 2013 in Monterey, California. It weighed in at 33 pounds.

Attachments

• halibut2-2013.jpg
    halibut2-2013.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 512
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom