Posted this in the HOG repair station and had no response in over a year, thought I w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As the DIN housing is a torqued spec part that for safety must remain secure I can not recommend putting lube on those threads. Only a thin coat coat on the non threaded part. I will again reiterate that both the DIN Housing and DIN Retainer each should be re-tightened to the appropriate torque specs any time they are removed. I will also note and make the point that all o-rings in this portion of the first stage should be replaced only with 90 durometer o-rings not 70 durometer as are normally supplied in spare o-ring kits.

Before anyone asks the torque specs are 120-130 inch lbs on the DIN housing and 80-90 inch pounds on the retainer.

As the DIN housing is a torqued spec part that for safety must remain secure I can not recommend putting lube on those threads. Only a thin coat coat on the non threaded part. I will again reiterate that both the DIN Housing and DIN Retainer each should be re-tightened to the appropriate torque specs any time they are removed. I will also note and make the point that all o-rings in this portion of the first stage should be replaced only with 90 durometer o-rings not 70 durometer as are normally supplied in spare o-ring kits.

Before anyone asks the torque specs are 120-130 inch lbs on the DIN housing and 80-90 inch pounds on the retainer.

Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom