Posting Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog:
Ron, are you finding this to be accurate? I'm not seeing anything about this 100mb thing.

More info, guys?

SeaYoda is right, there is a file size limit of 4mb.

4mb isn't much for video. The video will need to be really short or really compressed.

Still, this is a nice free feature of an already great board.

I've made some videos fit the 4mb limit, and they don't look so bad... I mean worse than on my TV, but for a computer... not SO bad.

Anyone know of a location where people have done video tests where they compared:
length of video, resolution, fps, and compression(this may vary though with encoders from what I understand)?

Thanks,
-M

shadowr69:
Anyone know of a location where people have done video tests where they compared:
length of video, resolution, fps, and compression(this may vary though with encoders from what I understand)?

Thanks,
-M

I think Meekel posted some samples on his site of testing he did.

I just played around with the different settings in my encoder until I found an acceptable compromise of file size and video quality. Acceptable in my eyes at least.

I use windows media encoder. You can download it for free off the microsoft site.

PeaceDog:
Ron, are you finding this to be accurate? I'm not seeing anything about this 100mb thing.

More info, guys?

Yeah sorry I should have said about the file size limit - 100mb is the total amount of storage in your gallery on this site. I should have explained that better!!

Back
Top Bottom