PPO2 display/monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jim.
i will try FB but this not really my cup of tea...

Revodream seems available easily. Some years back, while cave diving in le Lot, I met a bunch of guys with homemade ccrs, they were using it.

Revodream seems available easily. Some years back, while cave diving in le Lot, I met a bunch of guys with homemade ccrs, they were using it.
Good point. there are tons of used dreams out there

Yes Revodream are plenty and quite good but I don't like them.
Got the "tap-tap" model and also the latest one but still can't put my mind into liking it :(
Thanks

So as I am looking for a ppo2 display-monitor I looked around and I think it would be good to share my findings as it may be useful to someone. I am sure I forgot some models though.

DISPLAY ONLY
-TECME
565 euros
Seems bullet proof and well done. Option for a CO2 sensor. Fisher. Air and O2 calibration.
Looks to be the only model which can be had as a brand new unit.
-GORILLA
From usd400
Cylinder form. HUD as an option. Cable? Still built?
- HW, Heinrichs Weikamp ppo2 display
Strange shape. seems not to be built anymore. Hardwired.
I used to have one and liked the clear display. But when it failed, I sent it back to the manufacturer and they said it could not be repaired :(
-REVODREAM
Price?
2 cell display with a HUD. Hardwired.
Personally, I never got to like it...
-KISS
.Original three independant displays
not made anymore. Replaced by the
.Pendant.
Good heavy display but not built anymore. Replaced by the
.Kiss display (not sure if it got a name!)
Seems to be out of production. Replaced by the
.Petrel 2 as display only (no computer functions)
Looks like to be available only when you buy a KISS unit. O2 calibration only?
-MONOX
Price?
Hardwired with HUD. Air and O2 calibration.
Use it on my Triton. Good and no nonsense unit.
-DIVESOFT Freedom CCR bottom timer
Really nice unit but #$%@ cable. They even gave up providing the cable which must be bought at N90
-HS Explorer
Paper weight usage only? Using M8 cable.
-Monitor from RB manufacturers
.ISC
.AP
.HH
.etc..
-A plethora of home made devices :) :)

ONLINE COMPUTERS
-SHEARWATER
.GF
real solid unit, a bit tricky to change the battery.
.Predator
.Petrel
.Nerd
-DIVESOFT Freedom
cable...
-OSTC
-AV1 Russian made
-VR3, VRX
-ECCR Polish made
-An Ukranian SW clone, name ?

If you know other models...

Personally, If I cannot get a good second hand computer, I will get the TECME as I have never been disappointed by Martin :)

The shearwaters all have single point calibration with 70 to 100% O2 in CC mode.
In SCR mode they are calibrated with 20 to 100% O2.

Current price for a revodream in working condition is about $150-275 USD. I doubt you can buy one new from Mares (unless its attached to a revo)

If you aren't in a hurry and are patient, Shearwaters seem to have cycles in which they sell for decent prices. I seem to remember seeing at least one fischer Predator for $400ish in the past year or so, and I picked up a Petrel 1 fischer for I think $650 right around the holidays two years ago.

I will probably have a Predator w/Fischer (freshly serviced by Shearwater) for sale soon. Probably including the 3-molex connector cable that is meant to install into a rEvo.

It came with my rEvo Mini and I replaced it with a NERD2. Now I bought a rEvo Micro. As soon as that comes back from getting serviced, I will be putting my Mini up for sale. But, it will be configured with a Predator controller and a Dream. Unless somebody comes along pretty quickly and wants to buy the Mini WITH the Predator monitor and Fischer cable, I will probably sell those separately.

So, in about 3 weeks, I would say. In case you are still looking then.

I will probably have a Predator w/Fischer (freshly serviced by Shearwater) for sale soon. Probably including the 3-molex connector cable that is meant to install into a rEvo.

It came with my rEvo Mini and I replaced it with a NERD2. Now I bought a rEvo Micro. As soon as that comes back from getting serviced, I will be putting my Mini up for sale. But, it will be configured with a Predator controller and a Dream. Unless somebody comes along pretty quickly and wants to buy the Mini WITH the Predator monitor and Fischer cable, I will probably sell those separately.

So, in about 3 weeks, I would say. In case you are still looking then.
Hi Stuart.
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom