Practice Pools in Phoenix???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlmightyApkallu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've heard there are some places that for a fee will let you practice your skills in their pools. I've heard some also rent gear, tanks and weights. Would only need the tanks and weights though. Anyone know how much the shops that do this charge and any recommendations?

Call the local dive shops after checking their websites?

Call the local dive shops after checking their websites?

I have been checking their websites. I've only found one with any information about it. I plan on calling around but figured I would see if anyone had any recommendations for the best price, deals, treatment, pool, etc.

Yeah, they're the ones I was looking into. They seem to be a pretty solid option. Wondering if their pool is big enough to even make practicing worth it. The salt water, heated and current generator are quite enticing though. They also have an annual membership for $200 for couples (which it would be me and my lady) with "unlimited" 1 hour pool sessions including tanks and weights. Seems pretty legit and beats the heck out of Lake Pleasant, also I don't have a 4x4 so I can't really dive vista point which is kind of the only good vis area during the summer, hence why I'm looking into this.

You'll have to check if any of these rent their pooltime:

Phoenix Scuba at Dunlap/I-17 has a decent sized indoor pool. It's the former Scuba Sciences (was another shop most recently) I did my OW there decades ago - their pool area is bigger than the shop. Small world, the owner of ScubaprosofAZ - Paul - used to be the GM at Scuba Sciences.

El Mar in Mesa has the big outdoor pool, only part of it is deep though. The shallow end has a canopy over it.

Destination Scuba at 41st Ave/Bell. (used to be Scuba Specialties) Their pool is the entire storefront next to the shop. (or was)

I've been in all of them - usually checking gear I was buying/had serviced. None are more than 13' deep.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom