Pre-Invasion Blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Torpedo

Pollo Grande Tejano!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, I had a calendar reminder pop-up a little while ago to start packing for the SB Cozumel Invasion.... Of course, that was set back when we were still going..
I have to tell you all.. I'm a happy go lucky person but not making this trip really stinks!! Both Monica and I could use the vacation and chance to catch up with all of our good friends from Invasions & GTG's past..
Not to mention it has been WAAAAAAY too long since I last splashed in Coz's beautiful blue water.. Or any body of water at all...
We'll be thinking about all of you during invasion week and look forward to all the pictures and reports..
We most definitely plan to attend next years Invasion.

David

Well, I had a calendar reminder pop-up a little while ago to start packing for the SB Cozumel Invasion.... Of course, that was set back when we were still going..
I have to tell you all.. I'm a happy go lucky person but not making this trip really stinks!! Both Monica and I could use the vacation and chance to catch up with all of our good friends from Invasions & GTG's past..
Not to mention it has been WAAAAAAY too long since I last splashed in Coz's beautiful blue water.. Or any body of water at all...
We'll be thinking about all of you during invasion week and look forward to all the pictures and reports..
We most definitely plan to attend next years Invasion.

David

Well we most certainly will miss you and Monica! :D
I know it's not what you 2 had planned, but you'll still have a wonderful wedding. We are just so grateful for you're recovering health! Now then, We'll gladly share some pics with you if we get 1 or 2 of the wedding in return. :wink: (( Big Hugs ))

David-

I really wanted to go also but decided to get gear instead. I'm up in Cedar Park and go out to Lake Travis weekly. I know it's not Cozumel but if you just want to get wet, look me up.

Chris

Chris,

Gear is always a great alternative.. :wink: I live in Avery Ranch now so I'm just around the corner.. Once I'm finished healing up (had a 'little' accident) I'll take you up on that.. I'm originally a swamp diver so I'm always good to go from no-viz muck through crystal clear springs, and everything in-between.

David

Sorry to hear of your accident. I'm just across the highway over in Red Oaks. Let me know if you ever just want to get a drink and talk about diving. Z-Tejas @ happy hour is always nice.

Speaking of Z-Tejas.. I was just there a few hours ago.. Good eats & drinks.. Let's PM schedules and meet up.

OK Flash....
1- We are grateful that you are alive and healing so fast.
2- Invasion won't be the same without you and Monica there. You will be there with us (Team 3) in spirit and in laughter, hi-jinks, and frivolity!
3- We will definitely toast to your speedy recovery & upcoming wedding at Wet Wendy's.
4- You and Monica will still have a wonderful wedding in a few weeks. You can always renew your vows underwater at your anniversary.
5- Pete and I are patiently awaiting to dive with you again, and as soon as the physical terrorists and docs agree that pressurized immersion is good therapy, Casa de Netdoc and Key Largo await you or we'll meet you in cave country.
XOXOXO to you and your lovely Monica!

Dude, er Flash...

It just won't be the same without you. I imagine that it will be relaxing this year with no wild rides around the island or braving 10 bazillion hungry mexi-mosquitoes to go dive cenotes. You'll be with us though... in thought, in spirit and of course thanks that you are too ornery to be killed off so easily. Hell is afraid of you and Heaven has better taste! :D You'll have to come down and visit.

PS, it's not too late to make plans for Elena's Nifty FIfty party in the Sea of Cortez. It's a HUGE boat with a caring crew and nice cool waters to heal in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom