Pre-LOB hotel close to Maumere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaworld. Nice bungalows, nice beach as well.
It also has a dive center on premise, the dives are not that spectacular though.
They organize inland trips to Kelimutu 3 colored lakes, very worthwhile.

Otherwise Ankermi is on a better dive spot but the bungalows standard as well as the settings are not as good as Seaworld

It will be a 2 day round trip from Maumere to the lakes. Quite a distance.
And if you want to watch the sunrise then you have to start very very early because it involves couple of hrs hike at the end. I did just that 30 yrs ago but thing might have changed(road).

Enjoy.

It will be a 2 day round trip from Maumere to the lakes. Quite a distance.
And if you want to watch the sunrise then you have to start very very early because it involves couple of hrs hike at the end. I did just that 30 yrs ago but thing might have changed(road).
It changed since. It's possible to do it on a daytrip, from Maumere to Moni and return. 2 hrs drive or so one way and it only takes 20 minutes max hiking from the parking to the lakes.
Last time there was 10 years ago.

There you go!
The early morning hike was a bit uncomfortable for some.
Development!

Not planning to travel this year, I hope.

I'm not understanding you. You're not doing what?

I'm not understanding you. You're not doing what?
I’m referring to @Mod63 planning to go to Maumere (I assume for Ring of Fire to Banda Sea) as Indonesia is still closed.

If this year, just go to Maldives, instead. It’s closer to Germany and most Maldivian have been vaccinated.

I’m referring to @Mod63

Oh my, sorry, lol. I read your comment as a one off instead of as part of the whole. My bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom