Pre-startup maintenance/safety review for a compressor Bauer Capitano C3E (1982)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, now the compresor works fine. The error was that my brother changed the safety valve trim and the valve was always open. Yesterday I found that and I re-trim it again while charging a test tank. I just started to charge the tank clossing the valve ussing a screen driver with the trimming screw, every time it was open due pressure i closed it a bit more till 225 bars where I set it definetly. It really helped a draft draw that i found in internet.

bauer_safety_valve_v2.jpg
After trimming the safety valve I started to perform some testing tanks.

- Air taste: normal
- Filling rate: 146L/min (two 15L tanks in 46 minutes at 225 bars) theorical rate for our compresor block 140L/min
- Oil pressure: 60 bars 10 bars over the recomended value (50 bars are the bauer manual recomended value)
- Air/oil leaks: I found a small air leak in one of the filling hose at max pressures and a minimum leak of oil in the 3rd stage intake, but it is minimal, I could only notice because the piece was humid and can be caused due the 10bars pressure excess, I will retrim the pressure with the oil pressure trimming screew to fix it at 55bars.
- O-rings state: the safety valve orings are just fine, there is no leak.

I will post some photos of the test later.

Regards,
Albert.

Here are the photos:

c1b344afe34a39d5a01ebe76f81bdf20.jpg

a1a2be8ee05de13a24acf40c80578ff1.jpg

5f13ac7e48fdd517c97948c8a4542034.jpg

aa95b785b97f270008f59050fc77ee35.jpg

c2bb40513af1c95cc85b9628bd9a503b.jpg

c92f265137da715f5533ee830e16be05.jpg

The filling hoses need to be replaced, i just bought this ones:

82ad482414fd6b59b01123ff23ac209d.jpg

Are you familiar with Bauer's filter life calculation sheet? The maximum life of that cartridge is 3200 cu ft. Based on the out put of the Capitano, you would get 10.6 running hours at "standard inlet conditions". These conditions refer to having the air temperature entering the filter at 68 F. Since inlet temperature is generally 15 F above ambient, it would have to be 53 F ambient to get the full 3200 cu ft capacity. The sheet I referred to, allows for adjustment for inlet temperatures that vary from the standard. AS an example, if you operate in an ambient temperature of 90 F, the inlet temperature would be 105 F and you will only get 43% filter capacity or 4.6 running hours. Keep in mind that in a confined space, it is possible the compressor can raise the space temperature as it runs.

Yes, I think that the hot air retains more watter vapor, and with this watter the filter cartrige its being saturated before. I think that the easiest way is to weigh the cartige to see if its saturated or not, the filter in a new state has 191 gr. and in a satturated state 205 gr.

Is it possible to take a picture of gauge in the lubrication system, would like to see how and where it is connected?

Thanks

I am again at home in germany so i am not able to do a photo, i can ask one to my brother if its need. Maybe is enough with this image. The gauge connects into the 3rd stage where the oil pressure regulator is. Red point is where is connected:
3rd_stage_gauge_connection_point.png

The one that i bought is this one, comercial title :

[h=1]Manometer, gefüllt, NG63, 0-100 bar, G1/4B hinten - WIKA 213.53 - 9022422[/h]

Its a the same as the original, i couldnt find any difference, just the brand.

this is the lin-k:
goo.gl/q4FgY3

i found it in the eba-y

regards,
albert

Tobbelito Fröberg;7588852:
Thank you!

Now i have all info for install my own gauge.

Tobbe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom