Pre trip stress loads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You've left and returned already but I have a few tips for readers:
To avoid illness, wash your hands EVERY TIME and don't touch your face with your bare hands (I think it's critical). I get paranoid about it before the trip because a simple closed sinus means no diving.
Next, make lists of what you have to do. Not having to keep it all in your head is a big help.
Pack at least a week before your trip so that you just have to get up, pick up your bag and go.
Then delegate tasks while you are away. Not so easy based on the replies already here, but try.
Next is set expectations that you will be gone and then back on X day so they can just deal until yu get back

I completely agree with minimal contact with others. When I battled cancer I learned a trait that I try to stick with pre trip and often any time. I keep my hands at my side and rearward uninviting a hand shake. Not being rude trying to keep what I have to myself and what you have to yourself. At a certain point in chemo and radiation treatment your bodies immunities are wiped out and you can get seriously ill from the smallest bug. I carried sand wipes for most of this. its funny every doctor I ever had wants to shake my hand every time I meet them. Wait your exposing me to so much unknown crap you should be shrink wrapped and sterilized head to toe before entering each room.

I pre plan most trips except the ones I take by myself at the last minute which usually happen without any hassles. But getting myself somewhere is simple getting everyone else in motion seems to be different. Some trips theres very little stress others theres a lot this trip continued to pile on the stress and we flew home into a nasty storm that has now left us with over 3 feet of snow since Sat and theres no relief in sight. Would have been a great week to be on vacation I think. Someday I want to be a sheep instead of the sheep dog probably not in my nature but I can dream right.

I guess it doesn't matter all the planning in the world wont change whats in store for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom