Preferred Snap Bolts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can think of somewhere :rofl3:

giphy.gif

My instructor has a well-developed plan to inflict overwhelming peer pressure on me to upgrade to xDeep when I can finally travel again and actually get into the skills-based portion of my courses.

Resistance is futile...I will be assimilated by the xDeep borg.

As others have said, your issues is that you bought brass. Brass is soft and will get chewed up. Switch to stainless and yoi will be happier. As for which kind, I use XDeep but also have regular ones. It is really personal preference.

I like the x-deep snaps, looks like they'd have advantages...

But there's no where to stick my finger...

Sure there is. I have all of three varieties from XDeep. I use the small on my longhose the large on the cylinders as the lower attachment point and the double enders for when I want or need to hard clip to the chest d-rings.

I wonder how big your fingers are if you can't get them in the hole as seen in the attached pic.

Edit: Found this once I posted the attached pic and thought this would be helpful

xdeep-clip-5.jpg

Attachments

• xdeep_bolt_snap_large.png
    xdeep_bolt_snap_large.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 140
As others have said, your issues is that you bought brass. Brass is soft and will get chewed up. Switch to stainless and yoi will be happier. As for which kind, I use XDeep but also have regular ones. It is really personal preference.

Sure there is. I have all of three varieties from XDeep. I use the small on my longhose the large on the cylinders as the lower attachment point and the double enders for when I want or need to hard clip to the chest d-rings.

I wonder how big your fingers are if you can't get them in the hole as seen in the attached pic.

Edit: Found this once I posted the attached pic and thought this would be helpful

View attachment 593816

Ooooooo!

Me likey!

After I did my sidemount course my thumbs were all messed up and so I just took a nail file to all the edges that my thumb came into contact with and have not had the same issue since in any other diving I've done. Just sat there watching TV with a a bunch of snaps in my lap and rounded off anything sharp where my thumb would slide across.

My instructor has a well-developed plan to inflict overwhelming peer pressure on me to upgrade to xDeep when I can finally travel again and actually get into the skills-based portion of my courses.

Resistance is futile...I will be assimilated by the xDeep borg.

My plan involves you trying both types and deciding what's nicer, I can hardly be at fault if you choose the nicer ones :cool:

Like most things, there is a cost/benefit analysis to be done with the XDeep vs "regular" snaps. As an XDeep dealer, for my personal use they come out at the same price as buying the DGX ones etc, so it is a no-brainer for me. If you are paying retail, then obviously there's a significant price difference. Same with the Apeks tech shorts vs the Highland ones, at 160 USD vs 80 USD I could never justify to a student buying the Apeks ones. I picked up a couple of pairs of the Apeks on eBay for 90 USD a piece, and boy are they nice...

To the OP, as everyone has said, brass is a pain. Stainless should sort out your initial issues for sure.

For those who don’t want to pay the XDeep premium, I found the XL stainless steel snaps from DGX/Dive Rite to work well with thick gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom