Prescott Diving Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I may be going to Prescott this weekend to get my first dive of the year done.
I don't really want to do the Rothesey.

I have never dove the Prescott park, the Windwill, or the Coal Docks.

I'm looking for info on all 3 of them.
Are they worth diving? anything to see there?

The "Prescott Playground" used to be accessed via a ramp off of a parking lot. A few years back they rebuild the parking lot and as part of the construction; they removed the ramp and it was never replaced. I'm sure you could probably dive it but it would be a major pain getting in and out. I think I saw something earlier this month on facebook that the local SOS group was trying to get the ramp put back in. I'm not sure what the outcome of that was.

As for the other two sites I have no idea, I'd be interested in hearing more about them as well.

So we ended up diving the Rothesay and completely missed the wreck. The line was not there at the beginning of our dive, but the team from SOS arrived after we exited to put in the line and the buyoy. So the line is now in at the Rothesay!
We didn't try the playground ( didn't want to climb with SM) or the windmill. We went to the Conny instead for dive #2.

Viz was 15' in both site and water 6C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom