Prescription mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought a prescription mask. It's the bifocal gauge reader style with little half moon reading lenses near the nose area. They are fantastic. I can see reasonably well for distance anyway but having the prescription lenses make everything a lot clearer. And now I see my computer so much better. It takes a little practice to get the hang of them but now it is rather automatic. Not that different than getting used to progressive lenses for the time. It's not cheap but well worth to me. The whole process was easy and quick.

I have prescription lens in my mask. Love them. But I have to have correction now for both distance and reading. Sucks getting old.

I do have distance and reading. I didn't think distance would make tha much difference as my distance prescription is not that strong but wow it made a big difference on how clear everything looks. I guess I just got used to how it looked without a prescription.

I use contact lenses (only while diving). One contact for close vision and one contact for distance vision. Works great and one box of disposable lenses last a long time if only used for diving.

Prescriptions masks, when well made, are awesome. I too dive with contacts and like to combine it with prescription readers. I had a mask worked on by an outfit in CA. They took their sweet time to get the thing done, other than that, it worked out great. I recently lost my mask after a rough entry, and need to have a new one made.
Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.
These guys did not meet the agreed deadline, but did a really good job with my mask. I'll be ordering a new one here shortly.
Cheers
Ricardo

I just had SeaVision replace my reader-only mask lenses with full prescription, and the improvement is incredible! Previously, I would look through the readers to see objects underwater at a distance.

What a relief to have my mask and my glasses match.

I agree. Why didn't I do this sooner? Most likely laziness

Just bought a prescription mask. It's the bifocal gauge reader style with little half moon reading lenses near the nose area. They are fantastic. I can see reasonably well for distance anyway but having the prescription lenses make everything a lot clearer. And now I see my computer so much better. It takes a little practice to get the hang of them but now it is rather automatic. Not that different than getting used to progressive lenses for the time. It's not cheap but well worth to me. The whole process was easy and quick.

My mask is functionally this but a much older style.... no correction forward and probably 2+ looking down. Much cheaper than going through the perscription routine. you only have to be close to work.

XSSMA290BS.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom