Prescription masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taimen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone making prescription masks with full prescription (including astigmatic/cylinder) correction ground into the mask glass itself? The off the shelf lenses usually correct only the spherical component, not enough for higher astigmatic corrections.
I currently have full prescription lenses glued into my mask by local optometrist. Works ok, but I am still wondering if there is any neater solution to get full custom prescription mask.
My prescription is OD -5.5 -1.50 ax 20 OS -6.0 -1.75 ax 160, no bifocals yet.

I don't know, but FWIW I got a prescription mask with bifocal correction -- I would not do that again, because the border between one correction and the next has to be in the exact right place or it just doesn't work well.

- Bill

My wife and I just purchased custom ground masks from SeaVisionUSA. After two weeks of diving I couldn't be happier. SeaVision uses the full prescription.

My wife and I just purchased custom ground masks from SeaVisionUSA. After two weeks of diving I couldn't be happier. SeaVision uses the full prescription.

Looks good! Did you purchase their own mask model or provide your own mask?

Last edited:
I have prescription, bifocal. Not sure about SeaVision but my experience is that you can provide the mask but not just any mask can get prescription lens. So need to coordinate with shop.

Same here, and they have great customer service to boot.

I sent my mask to these guys and got bifocal in the left (solely for checking guages) and regular distance lens in the right. I have astigmatism in both eyes - both different. The lenses they installed are perfect. Highly recommended. HOME

Looks good! Did you purchase their own mask model or provide your own mask?

I puchased their mask. The volume is not low, but it is comfortable. I did not inquire about supplying a mask.

SeavisionUSA does not reply to my emails. I tried to ask advice for choosing between their 2100 and Ultra mask models and international shipping. Obviously they don't want to ship overseas.
Any other companies with similar product? (ground full prescription mask lenses like Seavision, not glue on lenses)

Back
Top Bottom