Pressed Steel Tank (PST) Buoyancy - Halcyon Valve/Manifold Equivalent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mathieu Vincent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found few PST cylinders for sale in my area.

The guys was telling me that the buoyancy is better than the Fabe (same as the AL80: Luxfer vs Catalina)
Is that right?

All his tanks are mounted on Halcyon Valve/Manifolds.
Do you know if there is an equivalent (design wise) on other company if I need to service them in the future.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_8925.jpg
    IMG_8925.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 83
How much would you pay for the twinset and the deco/stage?

the faber fx line is similar to the PST. the fabers seem to fall in between the pst and worthingtons, but all 3 are fairly close when it comes to buoyancy. pst does come with hot dip galvanization standard, which is superior to the painted fabers. just avoid the old 3180 psi 3AA fabers. those things are boat anchors.

the faber fx line is similar to the PST. the fabers seem to fall in between the pst and worthingtons, but all 3 are fairly close when it comes to buoyancy. pst does come with hot dip galvanization standard, which is superior to the painted fabers. just avoid the old 3180 psi 3AA fabers. those things are boat anchors.

Years ago, I had a couple of mid 120's doubled up. And you are correct, heavy takes on a new meaning.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom