Pressure gauge; repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveExplorer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know if Poseidon pressure gauges can be repaird or maintained ?

I´ve got two broken pressure gauges.

Small amount of air leakege comes from the back side of one of them, small air boobles come from it.

And the other one the HP hose burst, so I need to change the hose but it is no easy task. You cannot get to the connector.

Does anybody know if they can be fixed or are they unrepairable ?

Thanks.

1_Mynd0147.jpg

Soak the boot in hot water. It should soften up enough to pop the gauge out. If not toss it and buy new ones. They're not expensive and a leaking gauge should be thrown away. You can't repair them.

You could also cut the boot off as it's not necessary anyway. Just something else to trap dirt, sand, and mud.

Thanks Jim´s for the addvice.

I´m gonna try the hot water and see if I can soften it up. But of course you are right about buying just a new one if they can´t be serviced.

With the boots on you do not know where the leak is. It may be as simple as changing the spool, or just the tiny O-rings. Most gauges are made in Italy by termo industries. They put any name on them for anyone with the cash to buy quantity.

-Bill

I put the gauge in hot water and it stayed there for couple of minutes. Then it was easy to take the rubber of the gauge.

I manage to see where the leak came from. Over the years, and many dives, the dirt and sand builds up around the hose and the pressure gauge, around the connnector.
When I disconnected the gauge from the hose there was a build up inside it also.

I have to clean it well and replace the o-ring then I think it will be good as new.

There are actually two orings. That is a spool that should come out with an o ring on either end. If it's too badly corroded it may split or break when you take it out. But both o rings should be replaced.

Jim thank you.

I will look closely to see if there should be two O-rings and then replace them both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom