Price Check On Used Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LimitedSlip7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking into buying some gear for the GF before our next dive vacation here in April. I was thinking about just getting her the same reg set I bought for myself (Apeks XTX50/DST) as I would like to start doing my own reg services and having the same regs would obviously simplify things. I just checked the receipt to see how much I paid for it and dannng I'm not sure if I want to spend that much for someone who is probably only going to use it twice a year. I definitely want to get her something better than the rental stuff we have been using...

I just saw this Craigslist deal pop up; it's supposedly only used twice (I'm assuming that means for two dive vacations). He is asking $400 for the package, I was thinking maybe offering like $250-300. Obviously I'd have to get the reg serviced and probably replace the hoses. I'm sure the tank would need hydro'd. Would the BCD be usable after sitting for so long?

Thanks!

18245.jpeg 18247.jpeg

Looks like a decent deal, no real issues with it sitting for awhile, certainly get them checked over. The regs are really good for travel (lite and good breathers, parts available everywhere). If your servicing your regs then the titans won’t be much different, fairly easy to source parts.

Depends on what type of tank. I probably wouldn't go as high as 300 unless if it was a hp100. the titan classic is a workhorse reg, but none of the gear really stands out as much better than what you would find in rental fleets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom