Price Increase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
TAKE NOTE....Force fin will be even more expensive after April 11, 2016. So I would recommend grabbing a pair and giving them a go..Money back if not happy. Force Fin
20021110-038.jpg

Bob, you may have answered this 100 times before, but are you still producing the tan deltas? My blue force fin pros are 16 years old and though they have held up very nicely, I'd like to upgrade. Can you help a brother out?

That is GREAT news!!! I will be first in line to buy the new Tan Deltas when they are ready.

Bob, you may have answered this 100 times before, but are you still producing the tan deltas? My blue force fin pros are 16 years old and though they have held up very nicely, I'd like to upgrade. Can you help a brother out?
ManJack, waiting for the USA Plant to send me samples. The other Production Plant we had that made the Tan Delta Line moved to CHINA..sound familiar ? I have bugged the PHD working on the Polyurethane material...Thanks TN. Best, Bob

Whoop, bob, this is a slippery slope. In a few months, you will see "face fin", "sharp fin", "speed fin" ..... on eBay, similar material, of course minus the quality control, for a fraction of cost. Hate all your R&D got stollen.

Don't think it will happen easily. First of all, polyurethanes are not cheap (the cost of materials in Force Fins is a significant part of the price of the fin) and there is as much art as there is science in getting the properties to get the performance you want. Second, the cost and design of the molds is specific to the urethane - one of the reasons that Bob could not just make the Excellerating, Flying and Extras out of the material developed for the Hockey fins (with its superior characteristics).

If someone tries to make cheap copies, I can guarantee they will perform like kid's snorkel fins. :nono:

Don't think it will happen easily. First of all, polyurethanes are not cheap (the cost of materials in Force Fins is a significant part of the price of the fin) and there is as much art as there is science in getting the properties to get the performance you want. Second, the cost and design of the molds is specific to the urethane - one of the reasons that Bob could not just make the Excellerating, Flying and Extras out of the material developed for the Hockey fins (with its superior characteristics).

If someone tries to make cheap copies, I can guarantee they will perform like kid's snorkel fins. :nono:
TN,your right. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom