Price of new regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have seen the prices of the new edge regs and IE the epic 12 reg and it is $60 more than the D1 first and second stage with hose. Is this a trend? Will we be seeing price increases on the D1's also?

Hmm, I don't sell the D1 and the HOG second stage with a hose. That's part of the whole HOG focus thing... Some dealers throw one in for free. That's up to them.

I price everything based on what I pay for them. The NEW EIC 2012 comes with the EDGEflex hose and the swivel, those things cost money. Every dollar at the price I pay tends to end up about $3-4 at retail. Unlike other brands I don't look at a product and decide "this is what the market will bear" instead I look at my cost, my margin goals and the margin requirement of my dealers. if it comes in at a price that I believe it will sell...I bring it in. If not I don't.

I suspect there will be price increases on items over time. Material costs, labour and shipping tend to go up over time, that increases prices. Am I changing how I do things? NOPE. EDGE and HOG will continue to be the very best value on the market. By the way, it seems I hear this every now and then...people afraid that I will suddenly start to raise prices. Often this is driven by my competitors saying that my pricing is to grab market share and then I will raise prices. I actually hope with the bigger volume I can lower them! :D

By the way, did you look at the EXP? That is less than the D1 and a HOG second.

I challenge you to find a regulator on the market with the same performance, features and quality than the EDGE Exp or the 2012 EPIC that is at a lower price. You won't.

I have seen the prices of the new edge regs and IE the epic 12 reg and it is $60 more than the D1 first and second stage with hose. Is this a trend? Will we be seeing price increases on the D1's also?

---------- Post added ----------

Actually.... BELAY MY LAST POST.

I thought about it, while I reserve he right to change my mind at any time.... Aqua Andy made a point, EDGE/HOG is too inexpensive.

In approximately 4 weeks (unless I forget to) I will be quadrupling(at least) all EDGE and HOG prices so as to be priced in line with the performance and value my products offer.

I recommend that if you wanted to buy EDGE or HOG, you IMMEDIATELY do so before the prices skyrocket.

Thanks for the quick response, I did not mean to criticize but just an observation I have made.

I challenge you to find a regulator on the market with the same performance, features and quality than the EDGE Exp or the 2012 EPIC that is at a lower price. You won't.
Actually.... BELAY MY LAST POST.

I'm sure this can be said about all your products not just your regs.

I thought about it, while I reserve he right to change my mind at any time.... Aqua Andy made a point, EDGE/HOG is too inexpensive.

In approximately 4 weeks (unless I forget to) I will be quadrupling(at least) all EDGE and HOG prices so as to be priced in line with the performance and value my products offer.

I recommend that if you wanted to buy EDGE or HOG, you IMMEDIATELY do so before the prices skyrocket.
Thanks for the insider info but I think I'll wait a little while and call your bluff:wink:

Wow! I just looked at the EXP more closely and saw it was a balanced diaphragm first stage. At first glance it looks like an unbalanced piston reg.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]​

Back
Top Bottom