Price Question (SP-350)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lifeisfullofgooddives:
The stock [Ikelite] handle is reversible...
Thanks, I will get the Ikelite then. When you include the value of the tray and handle (necessary for external strobe use) and the TTL port the price differential between the Olympus housing and the Ikelite is not so extreme.

liberato:
...I bought a backup from them @ $205 plus $15 shipping since the Costco sale is now gone and the SP-350 will gradually fade away everywhere else, too.
Ha, ha. My credit card company denied the charge because they are such a disreputable company and I have to pre-approve. After knowing what I know now I will not follow-up. Foto/New Connection makes you feel like you need to take a shower after talking to them.

It looks like the best deal currently if you want a factory sealed non-refurbished SP-350 is EBay at $239 delivered.

scubamgb:
...I will eventually get the underwater housing/strobes but first need to figure out how to use digital ...
Make sure to get as large of an xD memory card (the H speed is preferred) as you can afford. That way you can make as many mistakes as you want. Since you are already a photographer the learning curve will be shallow.

I wish Costco would have said something on their website I just received mine but was planning on getting another after the Christmas rush as a backup. Anyone else know other places to get this camera cheap from the internet without dealing with any sleazy NY camera dealers.

I am in the same boat. Though I knew it had been discontinued I thought Costco would have truckloads of them. There is a reseller on Ebay with 100% positive feedback that has a half dozen of them them for $229 + $10 shipping and no tax in your state. You can also get factory refurbs for less that $200 on Ebay.

I just came back from Costco here in Southern California (Torrance & Redondo Beach stores) - they have lots of the SP-350 in stock for $199. Just have someone you know in So Cal pick one up for you. Of course you will have to pay CA sales tax ($16.50).

Ask your relatives in other states to look at their local stores, too.

We now have a Costco here, shame I don't know anyone who is a member otherwise I would check

Crawl79:
I wish Costco would have said something on their website I just received mine but was planning on getting another after the Christmas rush as a backup. Anyone else know other places to get this camera cheap from the internet without dealing with any sleazy NY camera dealers.

I got mine through ebay from a company called SICAMERA from NY. I looked and didn't see any SP-350's in their current auctions, but you might give them a call and see. They've been selling on ebay for over 4 years and have a 99.8% positive feedback. I got a package deal with the camera, charger, batteries and a memory card. They like to try to upsell, so I bargained with them and got what I really wanted for a price I was pretty happy with.

Are there any serious disadvantages of buying a SP-350 that has been reconditioned by Olympus? I have located a dealer on ebay that is selling them for $209.95. It states they also come with a 90 warranty along with the following:
• Strap
• Multi-connector for USB and A/V
• CR-V3 Battery
• Quick Start Guide
• Basic Instruction Manual
• Warranty Card
• CD-ROM: OLYMPUS Master Software

Is this something I should consider or perhaps avoid? I notice some other auctions are selling reconditioned ones around the same price and including 512 or 1 gig cards but they do not say they are factory reconditioned. Can anyone weigh in with their opinions?

http://stores.ebay.com/Olympus-Auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-SP350-S...QQihZ004QQcategoryZ107902QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why get a reconditioned one when you can have a brand new one for $199 at Costco. Plus the advantage of buying from Costco gives you the virtual lifetime warranty on the camera.

Makes no sense to me if you can find one in your local costco or on costco.com why you wouldn't do that instead.

Just my 0.02.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom