Price Question (SP-350)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only problem is that reconditioned can mean anything. I would want to see the condition of the item first. In fact, though, most reconditioned units are in mint condition (dead on arrival units that have been fixed). I would want a better price, though, since Costco stores (not costco.com) are still selling new retail packages at $199.

I just picked up my SP-350 the other day at Costco. The first store I went to was sold out and wasn't planning on getting any more in but were nice enough to check a couple of other stores for me. We ended up at a store 40 miles away (close to my wife's work) and got the last sealed camera they had. The store in Salem, had 18 in stock last week but is another 25 miles further. If I had some extra $$ I'd pick up another one but.... well you know the story.

There is not a costco store anywhere near where I live that I am aware of. I checked the costco website and I did not see the SP-350 listed.

Reef Photo has the SP-350 for $229. Shipping is free, and no sales tax unless you live in Florida. I bought two and an Ikelite housing...waiting for delivery. Also, local CostCo here in the Seattle area had plenty of SP-350s at $199 when I was there on Friday.

Reefphoto does NOT have the SP-350 in stock, but wanted me to place an order anyway. They could not guarantee when then would arrive.
I tried to order from Broadway Photo, and after they called, then tried a bait and switch. The units are not US models, nor does it list it as being otherwise in the description. Does anyone know where there might be a US/non Refurb camera in the US.
Thanks

fishguts:
Reefphoto does NOT have the SP-350 in stock, but wanted me to place an order anyway. They could not guarantee when then would arrive.
I tried to order from Broadway Photo, and after they called, then tried a bait and switch. The units are not US models, nor does it list it as being otherwise in the description. Does anyone know where there might be a US/non Refurb camera in the US.
Thanks

I have no idea where Spindale, NC is, but I know they just opened a Costco in Raleigh, I also think there is one in Durham. I am not a member so I have not been inside, don't know if that will help you any. I asked them about a free 1 day pass and they said NO, but I could look around before I bought one. I may run over there yet just to see if they have any the store is only about 1 mile from my office.

If you don't have a costco option or your costco is out of stock, there are some new ones on Ebay.. Seem to be by a reputable seller if you want to go that route.. They cost a bit more though, but they are still listed as "new".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom