Primary for my future tec class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my wife just took her brand new focus 2.0 on it's first dive today (about a 4.5 hour dive). Light worked the whole time, but the head is full of water (photo attached). We've heard from multiple people about various issues with the 2.0, but this is one I hadn't seen yet. I'm sure EE and Halcyon will replace or fix it no questions asked, but what's going on with the Halcyon quality? I'm a little disappointed.
View attachment 633354
Always a bummer with any brand you trust.

To follow up on this thread: my wifes focus 2.0 was fixed quickly at no charge by halcyon. So as always customer service thats hard to beat. I also got to try my uwld ld40 finally. Its a major improvement to the line. Its significantly brighter than my ld35 but the biggest thing is the tighter beam. Its got more hid type punch and the backscatter is much less. I’m glad I upgraded to the 40. Also because uwld was having floods because his cord dealer sold him cord with dofferent specs, he’s started using different cord. In my opinion its much better. It doesnt have the blue outside material so the cord is much more bendy and mobile like other brands. I like everything about the ld40 better except for the colored led ring around the power button. In a cave I find it diatracting and have to rotate my light so I dont see it. I wish it was user programmable so you could choose whether you wanted to use it or not.

I also got to try my uwld ld40 finally. Its a major improvement to the line. Its significantly brighter than my ld35 but the biggest thing is the tighter beam. Its got more hid type punch and the backscatter is much less. I’m glad I upgraded to the 40.

If the opportunity arises, would you mind putting up a video or photo of the UWLD40's beam? I'm understandably curious at the beam pattern difference between the LD35 and LD40. Does it project further than the LD35? Does it illuminate a smaller area than the LD35?

O.

I can try to post one, but idk that it will highlight the differences. When I dove the 40 I felt as though it actually illuminated everything better. It still has a big outer spill over like my 35W and it's brighter. Just the central beam is tighter, so it can punch further than the 35. I'm not sure how it is just as bright and seems just as wide of an outer beam as the 35W but have less backscatter. It could be the outer part of the beam is narrower as well, but the extra brightness doesn't make it appear that way.

To follow up on this thread: my wifes focus 2.0 was fixed quickly at no charge by halcyon. So as always customer service thats hard to beat. I also got to try my uwld ld40 finally. Its a major improvement to the line. Its significantly brighter than my ld35 but the biggest thing is the tighter beam. Its got more hid type punch and the backscatter is much less. I’m glad I upgraded to the 40. Also because uwld was having floods because his cord dealer sold him cord with dofferent specs, he’s started using different cord. In my opinion its much better. It doesnt have the blue outside material so the cord is much more bendy and mobile like other brands. I like everything about the ld40 better except for the colored led ring around the power button. In a cave I find it diatracting and have to rotate my light so I dont see it. I wish it was user programmable so you could choose whether you wanted to use it or not.

so which do you like better? focus 2.0? or the LD40?

so which do you like better? focus 2.0? or the LD40?

I haven’t used the focus yet. It’s my wife’s and it died before we got a chance to dive together with it. She prefers the focus but was very surprised when she saw the ld40s beam. We’re supposed to dive next week so we will see.

I can try to post one, but idk that it will highlight the differences. When I dove the 40 I felt as though it actually illuminated everything better. It still has a big outer spill over like my 35W and it's brighter. Just the central beam is tighter, so it can punch further than the 35. I'm not sure how it is just as bright and seems just as wide of an outer beam as the 35W but have less backscatter. It could be the outer part of the beam is narrower as well, but the extra brightness doesn't make it appear that way.
Could you post a photo of the beam pattern against a wall? Even better if you could put the Focus 2.0 next to it! Thanks

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom