Trip Report Princess Anne shipwreck on June 23, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Roquemore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Leaving the dock with our good friends Lance Jehn and Christina, and my co-captain B.j. Rogers we all knew this was going to be a great day. Arriving on our first site the grave of the 335 ft. long former car ferry the Princess Anne, the ocean was flat, very little wind, but a ripping surface current. With Lance at the helm the words dive dive dive were heard and in we went. At 30 feet I could clearly see the remains of the wreck which was another 60 - 70 feet down but passing by quickly. Somewhere around 70 feet the current vanishes and we had great vis with almost no current all the way down to the sand at 100ft. Tons of fish and some of the very largest parrot fish I have ever seen, 2 car sized goliath groups claiming this as there home and a curious shark which I ignored and it left to find more interesting things to look at. This is our second dive at this site and just like Disneyland you can’t see it all on one or two times there and we will be back. Never found the bottom to my zookeeper from the previous dive but maybe it will still be found. Also the reef starting at the stern looks like a good dive and would be glad to hear from those that have dived on that reef.

Real nice video Steve. If we ever dive together, I will leave my camera on the boat :).
Great viz, no current and tons of life - doesn’t get better!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom