Princeton Tec Attitude

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoomi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else tried the small Attitude LED light as a back-up light?

My wife and I both have one. Mine leaked on the first dive I took it on, in a bay with a maximum depth of 35'. My wife's held up a bit longer, but also ended up leaking on a dive.

My primary light is a UK eLed C8, and my (now) back-up light is an Ikelite PCa with an aftermarket LED replacement bulb. My wife's primary light is the TUSA TUL-300 LED. Since we haven't had any problems with leakage on any of those three, then I'm pretty sure I'm taking care of the o-rings and seal surfaces correctly.

Just curious if anyone else has had leakage problems with these lights. I realize they're at the bottom end of the price spectrum, but they are depth rated to 500', which is some 14 times deeper than I took mine, and about six times deeper than my wife took hers.

Hey Hoomi -

We're sorry to hear that your Attitude lights flooded on you. More often than not, the O-Rings get compromised when the head of the light is screwed on too tightly. We recommend tightening all the way, and then easing off about a half-twist. Also, when storing the light, you can loosen the head even further, just remember to re-tighten before getting in the water! This will keep the waterproof seal without putting too much pressure (which eventually causes damage) on the O-Ring.

In any case, please contact our customer service department (1-800-257-9080, EXT 180) and we will get those lights replaced for you! Thanks for posting!

I need to remember to call. Things have been so busy during the workday, that I haven't had a chance to call yet.

Thank you, though, for the answer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom