Prism 2 Dil Mav flow through

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

211ratsbud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Speaking with other members, grant mostly 😂, I thought about using side mounted offboard Dil-out where the necklace comes from the mav like a fathom.

I already have the P2 mav, my question is directly related to what I have already. Does the P2 Mav when using common ports support the required flow to apply this set up? I looked at the port size in the block and without measuring it directly it's slightly smaller than the inlet of most 3/8 unf based regulator hoses. Has anyone used this specific MAV in this manner?

I inserted full image here, sorry pc users lol

SmartSelect_20230305_211152_PENUP.jpg

You have it labeled as the necklace being your input?
I don't have a p2 mav in front of me, does it have an aux output?

You have it labeled as the necklace being your input?
I don't have a p2 mav in front of me, does it have an aux output?
Yes they're common ports

I can breathe through it and add Dil here in land. But I'm not able to guess what gas density and maybe elevated rmv might cause.

It is laid out per my diagram. Necklace gets any offboard gas plugged in, typically bottom bailout(Dil)

Yes they're common ports

I can breathe through it and add Dil here in land. But I'm not able to guess what gas density and maybe elevated rmv might cause.

It is laid out per my diagram. Necklace gets any offboard gas plugged in, typically bottom bailout(Dil)
Do you have picture of the actual MAV?

Port in the bottom and the regulator hose are common.

I'm primarily interested in the flow rate. Is it suitable?

Attachments

• 20230305_220856.jpg
    20230305_220856.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 60
Port in the bottom and the regulator hose are common.

I'm primarily interested in the flow rate. Is it suitable?
I get that, I'm trying to figure out who makes the MAV for them so I can help answer that. I can't tell much from your picture.

@Tracy best I can find is they're made by Hollis. I havent seen the shape or profile sold anywhere else.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230305_230945_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230305_230945_Chrome.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 55
@Tracy best I can find is they're made by Hollis. I havent seen the shape or profile sold anywhere else.
Gotcha. Being Hollis I assumed it was rebadged.

Dil Mav and o2 MAV are the same size internal flow ports. I could make these bigger easily if needed. Probably not gonna breathe through that though.

SmartSelect_20230430_194347_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom