Prism2 Reconfiguration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm looking at some configuration changes on my Prism2. First I am looking to get rid of the yoke by sewing a 2" female buckle onto a strip of 2" webbing. Use a weight keeper on my backplate harness to weave the strip with the buckle onto the shoulder of my harness. I am hoping that this will move my counterlungs down a little. Currently, my ADV sits almost on top of my shoulders with the counterlung set as low as I can with the yoke. I use the smaller counterlungs on my unit. I will tuck & secure the velcro flap with some large double sided velcro to my harness. I will definitely have to make sure I don't overstretch the hose going from the head to the top of the counterlung, but I am thinking I can get those lungs down a little bit to allow for a little freedom of movement of my head. I am also going to replace the current Hollis wing with an SMS75 wing (bungee'd at the top & free at the bottom). I am thinking this wing will give me extra lift in the rear, allowing me to jettison some weight I carry up front (10 lbs) to counteract the 2 AL80's cylinders that I use for bailout & an AL40 O2 bottle. I will try to post pictures as I go with it.

Hi,
I had the same problem with my P2 after returning from my class in Florida, it's position was fine in warm water with a 3mil wetstuit but with my drysuit i couldn't reach the ADV, I done a little checking and they make a long yoke for this reason. I order one from Dive Gear Express they had them in stock problem solved.

Tammy I had been thinging of just threading a loop of 2" webbing though the top backplate slot and through a triglide and putting a 2" fastex buckle in the loop. I can't sew so your plan didn't even occur to me.

uploadfromtaptalk1442441253399.jpg
68f02568816894465e1cf2bf7658fa68.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tammy I had been thinging of just threading a loop of 2" webbing though the top backplate slot and through a triglide and putting a 2" fastex buckle in the loop. I can't sew so your plan didn't even occur to me.

That is actually what I did on mine in the end. Other than tweaking the mouth piece to make it a little more comfortable, with the hose being in a different place,... I really like it. The buckle moves for adjustment, much easier than with the sewn- on tab. I can move my head a bit more from side to side & I now have some peripheral vision because I don't have the counterlungs & hoses as blinders.

*Keep in mind that not every buckle will work with the one on the counterlung. To be honest, I cut the female part of the buckle off of the yoke, after an unsuccessful & exhaustive search for a buckle that was compatible.

Last edited:
I tried the SMS75 wing on the unit. VERY nice! With the lift in the rear, I was able to drop from 10 lbs of trim weight to 4 lbs to get in nearly perfect trim, with 2 AL80 bailout bottles in a drysuit with moderately heavy undergarments. Just a drop of a couple of inches to the on board cylinders, should tweak it out.

I would really like to see some more detailed pictures if you all have them. I am trying to get rid of as much of the excess on my P2 as I can....

Here are some pictures of my unit.
Full unit:
Full unit.jpg

Here is the outside of right harness :
close up of right harness.jpg

A picture of the inside of the right harness:
inside right harness.jpg

Here is a close up of the right buckle from the outside:
Very close up buckle.jpg

Here is a close up of the right buckle from the inside:
very close up inside rt buckle.jpg

Hope that helps you out some.