Private RT cost to PG from Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenut1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am heading to PG in mid October and wondering what is the going rate for a private van/car and private boat from Batangas? In 2018 it cost $75/car and $75 for the boat (each wayt) so has it gone up from this in 2019? $300 is alot of money for going to PG and going back to Manila but I know it is a huge convienence factor. Thanks for the update.

Frontier Scuba site quotes 6500 pesos one way, for a group of up to 6 people.

Edit: By the way, 'mid October' is what day exactly? I'm heading to Puerto Galera on October 12th, should be landing in Manila airport at noon - might be able to split a private transfer if the dates align.

Frontier Scuba site quotes 6500 pesos one way, for a group of up to 6 people.

Edit: By the way, 'mid October' is what day exactly? I'm heading to Puerto Galera on October 12th, should be landing in Manila airport at noon - might be able to split a private transfer if the dates align.

Actually I was thinking about that same time...I have not booked anything yet but let me work on this and see if I could join you to split the cost. I will go from PG over to Sabang where I will be staying. I will be arriving from the US the night before so would have to arrange the connection with you at the airport is not a problem....are you diving with Frontier? I am thinking if this rate is only good if you dive with them?

Around P7,000.00(US$134.00) each way. It is a lot to pay for a single diver.
If you are overnight in Manila then you might consider Si Kat option.
Si-kat

Actually I was thinking about that same time...I have not booked anything yet but let me work on this and see if I could join you to split the cost. I will go from PG over to Sabang where I will be staying. I will be arriving from the US the night before so would have to arrange the connection with you at the airport is not a problem....are you diving with Frontier? I am thinking if this rate is only good if you dive with them?

I haven't booked anything in PG/Sabang yet, only the flight in. I'm doing a liveaboard around Cebu (Philippine Siren) between October 2nd and 12th, flying from Cebu to Manila on the morning of 12th (10:30AM flight, landing noon), and flying back home late on the 22nd. The nine diving days between 12th and 22nd I want to split between PG/Sabang and Anilao. I was going to take public transport down to PG, but if we can coordinate and split the cost, a private one might be sensible.

If you are looking to split costs then you check out this page on Facebook, it has people who want to share transport from Manila/PG/Manila. You can post a few weeks before you travel and might get lucky with someone who wants to share. There is a situation with the private wooden boats from Berbarabe/Batangas being canceled from July 1st so I would keep an ear open to see how that develops over the coming months. Newer boats that meet Marina standards are being built as we speak so hopefully by October it won't be an issue.
Sabang Transport

Around P7,000.00(US$134.00) each way. It is a lot to pay for a single diver.
If you are overnight in Manila then you might consider Si Kat option.
Si-kat

I just checked Si-kat. It looks too good to be true, 900 pesos per adult for a bus and ferry from Manila to Puerto Galera, total of 3 hours. Is that possible?

I just checked Si-kat. It looks too good to be true, 900 pesos per adult for a bus and ferry from Manila to Puerto Galera, total of 3 hours. Is that possible?
I would be looking at 3-4hrs. They have been doing this trip for yrs.
I used their service to PG back in 1996 and at that time they have their own boat!
Public bus from Manila to Batangas Pier is P170.00
Public ferry to PG is around P300.00.
Si-kat has its own bus and rely on the public ferry to take their clients across the channel.

Si-kat is a good option.....just remember you still need to take a trike or jeepney from PG to Sabang. Quite inexpensive but a bit of a rough ride. Some don't mind it, others do.

Jeepney is P20.00 to Sabang but you need to walk a fair distance to its terminal.
Trike tends to ask for P200.00 so bargain hard and if you have others to share then make sure it is for the WHOLE lot instead of per person!

Back
Top Bottom