Pro Dive Cozumel Allegro Opinions, Night Dives, and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dived with ProDive on several occasions. I have used them while at the Occidental in Cozumel as well as the Royal Hideaway in Playacar. The two major advantages to ProDive are location and price. You will be to and from the most popular dive sites within 10 to 15 minutes. Even though many of the other operators tout their 'fast boats', its still a long, bumpy ride from and back to the harbor. Because five people in my family dive, I compare prices. I have yet to find any operation that offers lower pricing than ProDive. Nitrox is free but limited to 32%. I have done the Cenote excursion and would have to say that I really enjoyed it, but beware, it is an all-day affair. You will leave early to catch the ferry and return late. Overall, I have found ProDive to be capable, competent, and fun to dive with. Be sure to book online for additional savings. Late last year, I posted the following analysis: Occidental Pier Fee

When compared to other operations, ProDive has its disadvantages. You will have to carry your gear (except tanks) to and from the boat. You will have to assemble your own gear. However, there is a crew that will rinse your gear and store it for you next to the dock. I don't remember them having snacks available during SI. I don't remember ever being offered to dive any site that was more than 6-8 miles from the resort; but, since most of the great diving is within that distance, you won't be disappointed.

I have dived with ProDive on several occasions. I have used them while at the Occidental in Cozumel as well as the Royal Hideaway in Playacar. The two major advantages to ProDive are location and price. You will be to and from the most popular dive sites within 10 to 15 minutes. Even though many of the other operators tout their 'fast boats', its still a long, bumpy ride from and back to the harbor. Because five people in my family dive, I compare prices. I have yet to find any operation that offers lower pricing than ProDive. Nitrox is free but limited to 32%. I have done the Cenote excursion and would have to say that I really enjoyed it, but beware, it is an all-day affair. You will leave early to catch the ferry and return late. Overall, I have found ProDive to be capable, competent, and fun to dive with. Be sure to book online for additional savings. Late last year, I posted the following analysis: Occidental Pier Fee

When compared to other operations, ProDive has its disadvantages. You will have to carry your gear (except tanks) to and from the boat. You will have to assemble your own gear. However, there is a crew that will rinse your gear and store it for you next to the dock. I don't remember them having snacks available during SI. I don't remember ever being offered to dive any site that was more than 6-8 miles from the resort; but, since most of the great diving is within that distance, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for the very thoughtful writeup...

I dont see setting my own gear up as a disadvantage. Personally I dont want someone else touching my gear as t all and I want to set it up myself.

Reactions: yle
Ask for Juan....hes a great DM! And Nitrox will be 32 only. We stay next door at the Occidental which is a step above the older Allegro......great beach, you’ll have an enjoyable time I’m sure!

Juan was nice, we preferred Karina and Marco

When compared to other operations, ProDive has its disadvantages. You will have to carry your gear (except tanks) to and from the boat. You will have to assemble your own gear.

I've never considered assembling my own gear a "disadvantage"... quite the opposite.

I dont see setting my own gear up as a disadvantage. Personally I dont want someone else touching my gear as t all and I want to set it up myself.

I've never considered assembling my own gear a "disadvantage"... quite the opposite.

I don't consider it a disadvantage either, but many do...Valet diving does seem to have its cheerleaders.

I don't consider it a disadvantage either, but many do...Valet diving does seem to have its cheerleaders.
Someone wants to carry my gear to the back of the boat, I'm fine with that...but only after "I" assemble my gear!

Someone wants to carry my gear to the back of the boat, I'm fine with that...but only after "I" assemble my gear!

I'm less likely to let them touch it after I hook it up. I guess if they want to carry it to the boat before it's on a tank, I would allow it. Actually no, I still prefer to do it myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom