Pro Diver sinks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Word on the beach is that it sank in 500' of water. If that's the case it pretty much ruins the wreck dive option. Sure complicates the salvage option too.

It's a bummer to hear about this. Those guys were all good at what they do and it's a shame to see them lose their boat and all that goes with it.

Word on the beach is that it sank in 500' of water. If that's the case it pretty much ruins the wreck dive option. Sure complicates the salvage option too.

Are you kidding me?! That's perfect. Excuse me while I go start talking to some CCR buddies.

"Prodiver Maui" Vessel Sinks by Molokini Crater | Maui Now
The vessel Prodiver Maui sank in waters by Molokini Crater on Wednesday morning, July 17, the Coast Guard confirmed.
All aboard were rescued by a Good Samaritan vessel that has not been identified. The Coast Guard received a distress call but were not involved in the rescue.
Contrary to previous media reports, there were eight people rescued; one captain, one crew, and six passengers, said Coast Guard Lieutenant Kevin Cooper.
The Prodiver Maui vessel specializes in scuba diving excursions. The company did not immediately respond to inquiries.
A crew member on the recreational vessel Pride of Maui which was also in the area that day described conditions as extremely rough, with many passengers experiencing sea-sickness.
Lt. Cooper said the Coast Guard is investigating this “serious marine incident.”
The Coast Guard won’t handle the removal of the sunken vessel but will act as the federal on-scene coordinator, says Cooper, and ensure the owner/responsible party cleans up any oil or fuel that may leak from the vessel.

Still too soon to tell I guess Dive Maven! You know how the coconut wireless works, right?

There's a few CCR guys here that might be all over this. I know Brad, the owner of B&B does rebreathers so I'll be able to get an update from him next time I see him. He will probably know exactly where the boat is.

From my understanding it was off the back wall in 300' of water. Not really something I would joke about as people lost their livelihoods.

---------- Post added July 17th, 2014 at 07:31 PM ----------

It's a bummer to hear about this. Those guys were all good at what they do and it's a shame to see them lose their boat and all that goes with it.

Wow, Shaka Doug was the closest as I just checked in with B&B and they confirmed it is at 470 with no plan on recovery

I keep my ear to the sand...

OK so what did I win?

One free ½ Day Charter for two...on the Prodiver (future schedule pending).

All joking aside, my heart goes out to the operators and I am glad to hear no one was seriously injured.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom