Pro ear mask advice and independent snorkels.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BooMan

New
Reaction score
Hey guys I am hoping to get some advice regarding the pro ear mark (I am aware that there have been thread about this). Swimming Ear Protection Diving Masks ProEar 2000
I am a spear fisherman (not scuba) and I have recently been advised by my doctor to keep my ears dry (repeated ruptures and infections and I am going deaf as a result.
I was looking to wear this mask under my hood(as it has ear cups) and I was looking for a way to interdependently water a snorkel.

Does anyone know how I could wear a snorkel interdependently?
I have a large head will this mask fit me?

Thanks any advice appreciated.

I don't see any reason why a you couldn't attach a snorkel to it.

The pro-ear mask itself, however, sucks balls. It looks a lot better in advertisements than it performs in reality. I would recommend trying it to see if you like it before you buy. The fitting in finicky and from what I've seen it doesn't work as advertised in most cases.

R..

Yes you can attach a snorkel to the mask. There is space between the mask and earcup along the mask band.

There is a hood made by IST for use with the Pro Ear Mask. I found the skirt too short and the hood stiff and bulky. My solution was to cut out earcup holes in the hooded vest I use with my wet suit. If you simply pull a hood over the earcups you will inflate the hood as you equalize the earcups. The hood will not fit around your head snugly either.

I have used this mask for years. It will keep your ears dry. Fitting is finicky, but you'll figure it out quickly. There have been several threads on this board about the Pro Ear mask.

I am wearing a Pro Ear mask in my avatar photo.

Back
Top Bottom