Probably dumb computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cut my crazy-long Cressi strap. I still had several extra inches even over a 7mm. I made a straight cut across, then a diagonal cut on each corner, then heated an old mismatched butter knife with a lighter and smoothed the edges. The butter knife was ruined, of course, but I'm very happy with my shorter strap.

What width is needed?

It's designed to not take any off-brand replacement easy. You could fit a 13 mm strap, if you find the right replacement pins, but I don't think it'd be comfortable. The original strap is twice that width, the puck itself is about 6.5 cm wide. So ideally you'd want wrist strap anywhere between 3 and 6 cm wide with 13 mm watch mount strap-let.

The i300C (and probably the i300 as well) isn't great for a NATO unfortunately due to how the case sort of juts out at the bottom to meet the factory strap. (I also ran into a surprising issue today when the unmodified strap was in fact too short to fit well on my drysuit...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom