Problem with Big Blue 2600XWP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

feseroni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, however I have been coming to read since I started diving.

Recently I bought a pair of big blue 2600XWP lights for my gopro setup. On the first dive, one of them started showing signs of moisture inside. On the surface the red lights started flashing even tho the light was off. The battery compartment is dry, it appears that the problem is at the lens level. Could it be that is moisture trapped inside? Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

I contacted Big blue but I have to wait until I get back to the states to return the lights. I currently have several dives planned and I would like to use the lights for photography.

Thanks in advance for your help.

big blue light.jpg

Last edited:
it could be problem of the inside driver. sometimes flashlight will meet such problem. its better to send back to seller and change the inside driver.

I had a Big Blue video light that leaked into the area around the LED and they replaced it with an updated light and have had no problems since. That was a couple of years ago so I'm pleased with their customer service. You may be in the same boat.

There is a seal at the lens interface. Looks like it's leaking. More diving > more leaking. Not a good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom