Problem with Boots on Aqua Deluex Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
I noticed the squeeze on my feet pretty quickly. I had oredered the bioflex socks rather than boots. I am still considering that choice and I don't know if I want to change or not. The Bioflex socks are very tough.

So you didn't find the socks cut too big? There seemed to be some posts that said the socks tended to get cut too large and cause bunching. I'm surprised at a "squeeze" though. Were you wearing thick socks?

PerroneFord:
The "super fabric" covers the knees, elbows, shoulders and some of the arm. its' "tacky" so things don't slide on it. Nice for making sure things don't go anywhere, but makes it challenging getting OUT of your BP/W with the Hog harness..

Would you recommend not getting the kevlar wear patches, or just get used to them?

PerroneFord:
I didn't particuarly care for the pocket options USIA had, as I needed some particular features, so I sent pockets to USIA which they installed for me.

What pockets did you have installed- did they make attachments for the integrated "changeable" system, or have them stitched or glued on?
gomi_

Here's the final follow-up....

My suit came back today, with the NEW boots installed on it. They look VERy good, and are much more comftorable than the old ones...

And also my new Techniflex came today... SO HERE'S A SHAMELESS PLUG.... I AM SELLING THE AQUA DELUXE SUIT IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION....

Anyway, thanks so much to USIA for the QUICK turnaround, and excellent customer srevice...

newboot3.jpg

newboot2.jpg

newboot1.jpg

My new suit... Had to post up a photo..... :eyebrow:

newsuit.jpg

gomi_otaku:
So you didn't find the socks cut too big? There seemed to be some posts that said the socks tended to get cut too large and cause bunching. I'm surprised at a "squeeze" though. Were you wearing thick socks?

Yes, the socks were cut too big. Instructions said to take your normal foot measurement, and subtract a size. Thinking that too small would be FAR less preferable to too large, I ordered my footsize. That was a mistake.

gomi_otaku:
Would you recommend not getting the kevlar wear patches, or just get used to them?

I'll get used to the patches. I don't know if they are kevlar or not. Need to ask USIA that one.

gomi_otaku:
What pockets did you have installed- did they make attachments for the integrated "changeable" system, or have them stitched or glued on?
gomi_

I had them install new Halcyon Explorer pockets. These pockets had some particular features that I wanted. USIA sewed them on and it looks magnificent. These pockets would probably be too large for most people so I don't recommend them in most circumstances. For me, I have very, very large hands, and I can barely fit my hands into most pockets. The DUI bellows pocket is too small to fit my hand in and pull something out. If that tells you anything.

The good news is I dove the suit today, and will tomorrow and Sunday, then make up a report and send it off to USIA. When this thing fits right, it's going to be awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom