Problem with my new mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kareemovitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dears.
Hope u r fine...i need your support about my issue...i bought mares x vision ultra with gold mirror...it fits my face well .but when i dive water go through in ...the strap in the middle on my back head... no water comes in while snorkeling or shallow dive..but while deeply dive i face this problem..
FB_IMG_1537341882758.jpg
FB_IMG_1537341876200.jpg

Regards

i dont understand the question. water comes in through the back of your head is not possible. can you refrase this question for us?

i dont understand the question. water comes in through the back of your head is not possible. can you rephrase this question for us?
If this is the issue then perhaps you need to see a doctor about the hole in your head allowing water to enter your mask from the back. Seems like it could be serious....

Yes please rephrase the question. I think what you mean is water is entering the mask from around the sides of the skirt, in which case you could possibly just tighten your mask strap a bit.

I mean
i dont understand the question. water comes in through the back of your head is not possible. can you refrase this question for us?
I mean water goes through the skirt to my eye specialy when diving deeply

I mean water goes through the skirt to my eye especially when diving deep
Sounds like either the strap may not be tightened enough or the mask doesn't fit properly. Either the mask is too small and the skirt doesn't fit all the way around your face, or it's too big and there are gaps between your skin and the skirt. Either way improper fitment could be causing you to get a poor seal.

Hmmmmm, possible causes are strap too loose, strap too tight, mask not "centered" and you have deepset eye creases, strap too high or low on the back of your head, mask squeeze causing a different fit at depth, regulator mouthpiece causing a different fit than snorkel, or it just isn't the mask for you.

Recreate the problem, then start working through the list. I have an exceptionally hard to fit face and have tried on over 100 masks. Even masks that are "guaranteed to fit" don't. Mine will do the same thing If I have a slight squint when I put it on, it's fine until I get past a certain depth and starts leaking like the titanic. Usually wiggling the mask on my face while blowing out through my nose will fix the issue. Just enough to smooth out the eye crease that's causing the problem.

Good luck,
Jay

Hmmmmm, possible causes are strap too loose, strap too tight, mask not "centered" and you have deepset eye creases, strap too high or low on the back of your head, mask squeeze causing a different fit at depth, regulator mouthpiece causing a different fit than snorkel, or it just isn't the mask for you.

Recreate the problem, then start working through the list. I have an exceptionally hard to fit face and have tried on over 100 masks. Even masks that are "guaranteed to fit" don't. Mine will do the same thing If I have a slight squint when I put it on, it's fine until I get past a certain depth and starts leaking like the titanic. Usually wiggling the mask on my face while blowing out through my nose will fix the issue. Just enough to smooth out the eye crease that's causing the problem.

Good luck,
Jay

Thnx for your support...i will try fit it again

Good luck,
Jay
Just another reason I dive full face. Certainly not a "cheap" fix but I don't face these issues at all. Well worth the financial cost as far as I'm concerned.

Sounds like either the strap may not be tightened enough or the mask doesn't fit properly. Either the mask is too small and the skirt doesn't fit all the way around your face, or it's too big and there are gaps between your skin and the skirt. Either way improper fitment could be causing you to get a poor seal.
Thnx for your support ..i will try again

Just another reason I dive full face. Certainly not a "cheap" fix but I don't face these issues at all. Well worth the financial cost as far as I'm concerned.
When you dive full mask, do you carry a spare non full mask ?

So in case of issue with your mask or regulator, you are supposed to switch to your backup mask and spare reg ?

Back
Top Bottom