Problem with my rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Natural

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Everything is set up how I like it, rig fits great, no shifting yadda yadda. Anyways, while it is easy to don my rig, getting out is a *****. If I loosen the shoulder straps my rig is giong to shift. So what can I do to make getting out of my rig easier? I'm always asking for help to get out!

Asking for help isn't a big deal...that's what buddies are for. Actually, I'm not sure what your talking about, hope the above helps. Peace.

Practice. I wear mine fairly tight (and I am old & large) so doffing was a problem at first. With time an experience and a little technique, it is no longer a problem. Never had any success trying to chicken-wing my way out. I'm right handed. I unbuckle and push the left strap off my shoulder. I then reach back with my right hand, grab the bottom of the tank (single) and pull it to the right an up. This causes the left strap to loosen. Sometime it almost fals off and sometime it take a little shimmying. I then grab the right hand strap with the now free left hand and slid it on down, continuing to support the tank with my right hand. It's not pretty and may even bruise the upper right arm a bit, but it works for me. But it is prettier than what I have to do to get in it when I don't have enough room to go over my head with it.

Some have found that not crossing the shoulder straps behind the neck facilitate the removal of the rig.

the K

the harness is designed to be snug to provide stability, fully deflate your wing before you try to get out of your harness, i find it best to undo one of my backup lights clipped on the d ring and use it to pull the harness down my arm.

and use a picnic table if possible!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom