problem with wide-agle lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe,

No, I'm using a DC1000.
I bought it a few months ago, and I'm trying to get a good result. In september I will go to Egypt and I want to make good pictures over there.

Joe,

No, I'm using a DC1000.
I bought it a few months ago, and I'm trying to get a good result. In september I will go to Egypt and I want to make good pictures over there.

I have the dc1000. You have 2 choices

Zoom in a tad

Photoshop it out

This solution I'm using at the moment, But it's strange that Sealife give's a wide-angle lens which's to small :confused:
The strange thing is When I completly zoom out (I should see the border og the wide angle lens) The problem is not always there. Looks like the distance between original lens and wide-angle lens is variable.
Could it be in relation with focus distance?
anyone?

Danny, Are you "burping" the lens, meaning taking it off and allowing water to get inbetween the camera and the lens? If not, that is the problem. The lens is to have water between the camera and lens.

Another thing, what mode is your camera in when you are shooting underwater? the camera automatically adjusts it's lens when in an underwatermode to accept the wide angle.

Joe

Joe,

I always put the lens under water on the house, so there is always water between lens and house.
I use the setup-program to select the under-water-program with external flash.
Sometimes I select the underwater-program without flash, to make picture with the background more visible.

Greetings,

Danny

Joe,

I always put the lens under water on the house, so there is always water between lens and house.
I use the setup-program to select the under-water-program with external flash.
Sometimes I select the underwater-program without flash, to make picture with the background more visible.

Greetings,

Danny

No matter what you do that problem will not go away. You can lessen it but thats all

hmm, i'm not alone with this problem. . . . . .
Is it really a manufaturing-problem?
If it is so, I hope Sealife is solving the problem (with a new lens) and recall the bad ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom