Problems with HOG regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted to resurrect this thread to ask about progress on the fix Jack refers to above to fix the problem with the exhaust flap.

we in fact have designed a new lp seat and orifice to make it less likely to happen. Future service kits will be coming with them so eventually everybody will have the latest and greatest. We really try and integrate any product improvements into the service chain when we can, just seems the right thing to do instead of calling the new improvements a new model and forcing a upgrade or making people feel like they are missing out on the latest and greatest stuff.

That's pretty cool.

That's pretty cool.

Thanks. But I think this refers to a different issue (LP seat). I was looking for info on the concern with the exhaust flap folding over....

I use the Hog Zenith and D-1 for all my pool training sessions since Nov '13 with No Issues. Usually 3 times a week.

Does anyone have some comparison photos of the old vs new body/exhaust designs?

If nobody responds sooner, I'll try and take a few pictures tomorrow or Thursday

The old style has the "waffle" pattern and the new style has the "cloverleaf" pattern.

If you have the old style, it should be a warranty replacement

Attachments

• IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 190
Thanks, Tug.

Interesting how a simple change makes a difference. Any idea on the physics why?

FYI to anyone with an older style exhaust, body replacement is not covered by warranty.

Dang, I wonder what prompted the change. Sorry to hear that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom