Problems with Intova Supernova Torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tony5765

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I recently got the Intova Supernova Torch and seems like a great light. However, everytime I screw out the battery from the head, the light stops working and it takes a while before it actually works! The unit is fully charged and the switch seems to be ok. If I unscrew the battery from the unit, it stops working again and than I have to wait again before it works.

Is this common for the light to require some cycling time before it works or do I have a faulty light. This was bought brand new from Amazon.

Very bizarre...the old ones they had workded right away but they didn't have the battery unit screw away from the head with LED's.

I recently got the Intova Supernova Torch and seems like a great light. However, everytime I screw out the battery from the head, the light stops working and it takes a while before it actually works! The unit is fully charged and the switch seems to be ok. If I unscrew the battery from the unit, it stops working again and than I have to wait again before it works.

Is this common for the light to require some cycling time before it works or do I have a faulty light. This was bought brand new from Amazon.

Very bizarre...the old ones they had workded right away but they didn't have the battery unit screw away from the head with LED's.

Might I suggest moving this post over the "Q and A Manufacturers" forum and into "Intovas" site, you may get more help/a better response. You could also try moving it into the "Equipment" forum and Lights sub forum again you may getter more assistance there. Alternatively you could give Intova a call/email I have always found their customer service to be excellent. Good luck.

Just a quick question, why do you unscrew the head from the battery - Since I've had mine (about 400 dives) I've unscrewed the head twice to check everything is ok inside and it's always perfect.

All I do is unscrew about 1/8 of a turn so it can't turn on by accident and never had a problem with it

Paul

No need to unscrew anything except the charge port plug next to the magnetic on/off switch. Charge the battery and replace the plug after checking the O-rings.

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the trouble. I received your emails and phone call but please note we are not open on the weekends and were closed yesterday for Columbus day. I have had a few lights act as you described and, no, that is not how the light is intended to work. You should store the light with the battery disconnected from the unit, or at least unscrewed enough to disengage the battery contact from the light head contact, but when reconnected, given that the battery is charged, the light should power right up. I would recommend returning the light under an RMA number with proof of purchase for testing and replacement. Let me know if you would like an RMA number, please email me at kevin@intova.net and I’ll be happy to help. Thanks, take care.

Best Regards,
Kevin Lackey

Dear Tony,

Please refer to our response posted 10/12/11, copied below. This is a very unusual circumstance and we would like to check/replace the light for you.

Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the trouble. I received your emails and phone call but please note we are not open on the weekends and were closed yesterday for Columbus day. I have had a few lights act as you described and, no, that is not how the light is intended to work. You should store the light with the battery disconnected from the unit, or at least unscrewed enough to disengage the battery contact from the light head contact, but when reconnected, given that the battery is charged, the light should power right up. I would recommend returning the light under an RMA number with proof of purchase for testing and replacement. Let me know if you would like an RMA number, please email me at kevin@intova.net and I’ll be happy to help. Thanks, take care.

Best Regards,
Kevin Lackey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom