Problems with my intova ligths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paula paz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear Intova guys

one year ago I bought an Intova pack with a camara and a ISS 2000 Strobe. It work good at the first dive, then the strove never work again with the camara even with the fiber optic cable set. I been trying a lot to make it work, even in dark spaces, but it just don't work :idk:. I think the ligth sensors that synchronizes the flash with the external strobe are not working.
Is there a replacement for this?? I live in Chile so I can't go to any technican service with the strobe.
What can a do??!!!

Thank for any help.

Hi, Paula; :)

Did you swap the strobe fiber-optic cord with a known good one?

Did you use another camera and cord to try and trigger the strobe?

Thanks Jax

yes, I tryed with other camara, but not with another cable.
I had understood that the strobe also work without cable. however I will try as you said.

Thanks

If the fiber optic cable was bent sharply, it would block the signal between the two.

The Intova Strobe doesn't need a cable. You have four settings on the strobe. Start with one and fire the internal flash on the camera. Repeat with settings 2 through 4 until the strobe fires. That is your setting. Make sure the strobe is slightly in front of the camera so the sensors can see the flash from the camera... Good luck!!

It sounds like the preflash adjustment has been changed. 1) try firing the flash with the test button on side. Does flash fire properly? 2) ensure the preflash setting is on position 2.

Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Back
Top Bottom