Procrastinating the packing.. Oh noes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you roll your clothes you be surprised by how much room you can save... just my $.02

Haha, spoken from a true military man! I remember having to pack my sea-bag that way when I did a youth naval program through most of my childhood. That's for sure a good way to do it, but personally I think it leaves things to wrinkled for civilian life, lol.

My plan of attack is to put my reg,mask, camera, passport, important stuff, and one set of clothes in my carry on. Rest goes in checked in this order- Scuba gear, then everything else. I have laid out my clothes in pile of what I want to bring, then plan on 1/2ing it..

Procrastinate packing? I am packed and so ready to go!! Not sure how I am going to get through the last day and a half of work. Get me out of here!!!!

Haha, spoken from a true military man! I remember having to pack my sea-bag that way when I did a youth naval program through most of my childhood. That's for sure a good way to do it, but personally I think it leaves things to wrinkled for civilian life, lol.

that is true... i didnt say I packed that way, but if your space limited its a good way to make up some room.

Since Delta screwed up 2 days ago, all the airlines have changed their baggage polices so I now have all kinds of room.....

Continental Airlines:
Who is exempt from the baggage fees?
The following customers will not be charged service fees to check certain bags:

OnePass Elite and United Elite members get their first and second checked-bag fees waived.
Continental Airlines Presidential Plus primary Cardmembers get their first and second checked bags free. Other Continental Airlines Chase primary credit Cardmembers get their first checked bag free.
Star Alliance Gold members get their first and second checked bag fees waived
Star Alliance Silver members get only their first checked bag fee waived
Any customer traveling on full fare Economy Class tickets get their first and second checked-bag fees waived
Active U.S. military personnel get their first, second and third checked-bag fees waived
U.S. military dependents traveling with U.S. military personnel on personal travel get their first, second and third checked-bag fees waived
U.S. military dependents traveling on official business (with documentation) get their first, second and third checked-bag fees waived

The following customers will not be charged service fees to check up to 4 bags (bags must meet weight and size restrictions):

Active U.S. military personnel
U.S. military dependents traveling on official business (with documentation)

Overweight Baggage
The following customers are allowed baggage with a weight not to exceed 70 lbs.:

Customers ticketed and confirmed in BusinessFirst, First Class, Latin Business, or Business Class at time of baggage check-in
Star Gold members, including Continental Platinum and Gold Elite members
Active U.S. military personnel, whether or not or military orders
U.S. military dependents travelling with military personnel, and without military personnel when on military business.
All customers travelling to and from Brazil

so at 70lbs a bag i could bring up to 280lbs of luggage......:shocked2:

Great advice from a ton of folks. Thank you all.

See you soon under the sea. :)

I have everything set to put away, but I just don't know where to start. Any tips??

Even the checklist from the forums which was great help as it is very thorough. <3

can't way for sunday... \o/

easiest way to do it is roll it all in a ball, then get some duct tape and wrap it all around it, toward the end once you have everything nice and tightly wrapped, I make a handle out of the duct tape and there you go. No worires about the air line damaging your luggage and as a bonus your luggage when it comes out on the carosel is easy to identify, those big gray balls stand out pretty well against all those black bags.

Procrastinate packing? I am packed and so ready to go!! Not sure how I am going to get through the last day and a half of work. Get me out of here!!!!

Freaking Over Achiever!:D

Do what I do: eight hours before your departure, take out the bag that you failed to unpack from last trip, remove gear that no longer works, add clothes, and rent what you need when you get there. Works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom