Product registration unavailable on Mares.com site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok Topps,

Since this seems to be a major issue for you: We do agree that we should have on line registration, also that until we get it working it should not have been listed on the site. We are not sticking our heads in the sand, but I don't feel it is necessary to state the details and inner workings of everything or project that we are working on here on SB.

Creating a simple form for a static database is easy, getting the system to cooperate with our computer systems worldwide and sort the data is causing some issues.

We do appreciate your support and like for Mares products, trust we are not just going Diving everyday :)

Regards,

Phil

Ok Topps,

Since this seems to be a major issue for you: We do agree that we should have on line registration, also that until we get it working it should not have been listed on the site. We are not sticking our heads in the sand, but I don't feel it is necessary to state the details and inner workings of everything or project that we are working on here on SB.

Creating a simple form for a static database is easy, getting the system to cooperate with our computer systems worldwide and sort the data is causing some issues.

We do appreciate your support and like for Mares products, trust we are not just going Diving everyday :)

Regards,

Phil

Dear Phill,
It's not really a "major issue" for me. But it is sad that the only way to get people motivated enough to change, takes someone jumping up and down making a lot of noise!

In the end, I just care about Mares :wink:

I use your Regs and BCD's and I just thought that the amount of effort you put in to your diving equipment should be reflected in other aspects of your business, including your website. It's also a bit of a professional gripe.

Oh and Phil, I wouldn't begrudge you going diving everyday :D
But do keep us informed as to when we can look forward to registering our Mares products on-line. Rest assured, I'll be one of the first ones :wink:

Topps,

Thanks, I will keep you updated. Trust me, we are all motivated to improve every aspect of our company, every day. This is what we do, although I can understand that from the outside it cannot always be seen.

Thanks for your support, you do have ours. Should you be in contact with Mares S. Africa, say hello to my friend Retief, he is the Managing Director.

Regards,

Phil

Hi,

we are three new owners of Mares Nemo Wide. After having read the instructions to upgrade the computer via DRAK software and interface we wanted to register our devices in order to download the upgrade. We could register as users, but product registration was impossible. Once you are on the page where you are supposed to choose/search for your piece of equipment the site only replies 'product not found'. We didn't find any way to register the product and download the upgrade. We tried different browsers as well as had a look at the page source, but it seems that the website's search engine does not reply anything fit and blocks going futher. As there is no contact email on the Mares site itself , I thought I might post this here . We are from europe but this part of the site is marked as Region=ALL anyway.

Thanks for any fix or direct link to upgrade v2.0

Regards

Hellenbrand Fred
I have just bought a Nemo Wide with Drak interface. Have successfully downloaded the DRAK Version 1.4.0.1 update and the PDF files regarding the firmware update to for NemoWide_Upgrade_Ver20. DRAK update worked weel on PC. I have also done the product registration on teh mares.com website as requested, but for some crazy reason I can't download the file: NemoWide_Upgrade_Ver20.dat. I follow the instruction perfectly but it fails to download. Any ideas or links to the file: NemoWide_Upgrade_Ver20.dat. Please help. Frustrated!

Dears,

Any update on the online registration issue, I am trying to register my Prestige Regulator, however, I am getting "No Products Found" message.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Not to nit pick or anyrhing, because I to would rather be diving, but you guys really should consider hiring better I.T. staff.
The online registration feature works quite well on any of your competition's websites.

Sorry, this feature is not working, please just mail in the card enclosed with the item.

Phil

As a partial update on this topic / thread, I was able to download the nemo wide firmware update last night (June 29, my computer was previously registered via snail mail and identified on the website). So at least that part is working again.

Unfortunately we still cannot register new Mares products online. I just purchased a Proton Metal octopus and could not add it to my list of Mares products. So, looks like another registration by snail mail.

Phil - We all know you are not to blame for this and that you are trying to help us but it is frustrating as a user not to be able to access such a function when it is so common elsewhere on the internet (even some of your competitors). Just a comment.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Do I want to resurrect this?

Yup...

Trying to register my new Air Control .... no joy... product doesn't exist on the website other than the sales spiel...

I will send in the Card ... BTW... the address in the USA is:

Mares Diving
Warranty Registration Deparment
One Selleck Street, 4th floor
Norwalk, CT 06855

Interestingly there are zero instructions in the box (sealed).... Obviously I want to put the Air Control on my BC.... do I want to pay a dealer to do it?....Not really....it's probably quite easy... where is the instruction and install manual? Not online that's for sure! I will install it myself, but would prefer something other than luck and bicycle mechanics as my guide...

Would this be an example of questionable business practice?......trying to funnel work to the dealers?

the Air Control booklet (it's actually just a single page in 30 languages) says...
"Although assembly is straightforward, we suggest that you have a Mares Service Center perform the operation"
That is it for a manual!!

Sorry Mares.... I really like your stuff.... but after being told I am responsible any postage to return products if they don't work or have production flaws (because that is OBVIOUSLY my fault) and not getting manuals and install intructions in the box, this will likely be my last purchase...

A scuba supplier recently told me that they stopped working with Mares because they don't give a hoot about their customers and it reflected badly on them as a dealer.... I didn't really believe him at the time... thought it was hot air.... but I really am starting to wonder...

Come on Mares... don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Do I want to resurrect this?

Yup...

Trying to register my new Air Control .... no joy... product doesn't exist on the website other than the sales spiel...

I will send in the Card ... BTW... the address in the USA is:

Mares Diving
Warranty Registration Deparment
One Selleck Street, 4th floor
Norwalk, CT 06855

Interestingly there are zero instructions in the box (sealed).... Obviously I want to put the Air Control on my BC.... do I want to pay a dealer to do it?....Not really....it's probably quite easy... where is the instruction and install manual? Not online that's for sure! I will install it myself, but would prefer something other than luck and bicycle mechanics as my guide...

Would this be an example of questionable business practice?......trying to funnel work to the dealers?

the Air Control booklet (it's actually just a single page in 30 languages) says...
"Although assembly is straightforward, we suggest that you have a Mares Service Center perform the operation"
That is it for a manual!!

Sorry Mares.... I really like your stuff.... but after being told I am responsible any postage to return products if they don't work or have production flaws (because that is OBVIOUSLY my fault) and not getting manuals and install intructions in the box, this will likely be my last purchase...

A scuba supplier recently told me that they stopped working with Mares because they don't give a hoot about their customers and it reflected badly on them as a dealer.... I didn't really believe him at the time... thought it was hot air.... but I really am starting to wonder...

Come on Mares... don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Uber,

First I'd like to personally thank you for your purchase of the new air controller, alternate inflator / octo. We are excited to finally have this product in distribution as it has been a 3 yr project and long overdue.

I'd like to address a couple of your comments.

Mares Worldwide is working on a new website and were hoping to see it go live in the near future. I have not seen the site personally so I can't vouch for the product registration functionality, although I can testify we've discussed this in meetings, and I should expect an improvement. We are glad to receive your registration the old fashioned way "snail mail", however it is not necessary. The most important thing for you to do is save your receipt of purchase. This establishes place and date of purchase.

Mares in my opinion is no where near "questionable business practice". Do we try to funnel business to a retailer? Yes, this is one function of business we all try to accomplish. We make products to sell to a retailer who in turn sells it to the end user. We advertise on the web, in magazines, in store, out of store, run promotions, work diligently to support our partnered retailers and hopefully send customers to them.

However in this case regarding your situation, it has nothing to do with channelling consumers to dealers. Your complaint is a simple reality of a very letigious U.S.. The air controller is considered life support equipment, therefore we find it best to recommend an authorized Mares retailer / service center connect it to your bcd. This follows the same pricincipal as to why most manufacturers do not include instructions on how to service, replace, repair, any life support equipment. This reality is not meant to disservice our valuable customer, it is strictly necessary from my point of view. One great thing about forums such as this, is you may find other DIY's willing to share step by step instructions on how they accomplished the switch.

Warranty returns from every manufacturer that I can think of require either the dealer or consumer to return a faulty product paying the postage only for the return. This is common business practice. I am looking to purchase a new large screen tv, as I'm reading reviews, I came across a certain manufacture that was IMO experiencing a high rate of return. All customers of this company complained they had to return this tv at over $300 each, not including the specific packaging they had to purchase in order to ship it back. Generally speaking when you purchase a Mares product from an authorized dealer, and find a warranty issue, the dealer will absorb this cost of return as a cost of doing business and providing quality service.

Not sure about the dealer you are referring to, however I've seen many dealers blow off steam at just about every manufacture at one point or another, including myself. This is the nature of our passionate dealer base, and simply doing business. In my opinion Mares, is always willing to bend over backwards, help a willing dealer, assist a customer, do whatever it takes to make all situations satisfying for all. Please remember there are two sides to every coin. We do an excellent job. I know we can't make everyone happy, but we are going to try.

I hope I've addressed or explained a couple of your questions. I also hope you are not so dismayed that you will not consider Mares as a brand to purchase from in the future. We are here, we are trying, and we consider ourselves to be one of the good guys. There will always be room for improvement, but at the end of the day, our passion for diving, products, and our customers remains constant!

Sincerely,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom