Production Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rig Magician

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am using Sony Vegas movie studio 8 Platnium and would like to know from the seasoned people what do you adjust first, and what you should not mess with. Should colour be adjusted first or brightness and contrast. Is there any way to make it easier on th new guy.
Thanks,
Mark:confused:

I don't use Vegas, but my general workflow for color correction is to correct contrast first, then go to colors. This way you have your blacks, mids, & whites where they should be - then start messing with color balance.

Bill thanks, I will try that out. I have not been able to mess with it to much yet. But will try soon.
Mark

For a video to work in a DVD player, what setting must it be rendered at for it to operate. I rendered a video yesterday for my buddy and it played in the computer but would not work in eaither of our DVD players.
Mark

You have to encode the video as MPEG2 & the audio separately as either AIF or AAC (depends on what authoring software you use.) Just encoding a file and burning it to a disc won't work. It has to be authored to conform to DVD specs. Lots of options for software to do this. In the Windows world I have experience with Sonic products & they're just fine. On a Mac you'd have iDVD.

*I don't use Vegas so I'm not 100% on this, but there should be some choices there to export DVD ready files. Then you'd just take those exported files into a DVD authoring program & put it together there.

Last edited:
Ok, so the program I have came with DVD architech 4.5 which should do this. Now I just need to figure out how that works.
Thanks,
Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom