Proof of SSI certs and specialties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just remember that this is a new site and SSI is way behind in data input.... and PLEASE report how un friendly the site is..... Watson is on here, let him know.... the site absolutley sucks in consumer friendlyness..... and while I am ranting... the site is impossible to navigate to renew our status every year...... we almost give up but we just call the staff at SSI and it gets done BUT IT SOULDNT BE THIS HARD

You are right it shouldn't be that hard to get answers. We are working on improving our website so please hang in there. in the mean time please feel free to call me and I will do my best to take care of any problems that concern you with SSI.
1-800-892-2702

Be Safe,

I have used "Odin" (SSI website) on several ocasions to order C cards and check the stats. I have even renewed online. Maybe it has just gotten better since the last post

After failing to find my information on-line, I e-mailed SSI and explained what I had tried (and not found). It took a day or so for a response, but I finally received a very courteous response. They weren't finding me at all because my last name is unusual and can be spelled with a space or a hyphen. I answered as much as I could including my instructor's number as well as the LDS I used. The second e-mail had everything I needed including my original OW cert and two specialties I had earned several years later.

It took a while and two e-mail exchanges, but SSI's staff was nothing but polite and helpful. If you can't find yourself in the system on-line, drop them an e-mail; they're nice folks.

I just finished my Open Water Course on 8-11-08 and have been confused as to why I am not in the system. The technology exists that can pretty much automate the process to take away the burden on having a staff of data processors. I just actually got off the phone with someone from the registration department and they said it would be three to four weeks till I get my card, I am definitely going tomorrow to try and get a temp from the instructor.

I just finished my Open Water Course on 8-11-08 and have been confused as to why I am not in the system. The technology exists that can pretty much automate the process to take away the burden on having a staff of data processors. I just actually got off the phone with someone from the registration department and they said it would be three to four weeks till I get my card, I am definitely going tomorrow to try and get a temp from the instructor.

It might be that your certifying shop is not using ODIN? When I submit for certification, they arrive within 7 days. Part of the certification submission process is creating the new diver in the system. Once the diver is created, certs can be given and the record is created.

Your shop either didn't submit the certification or are doing so via snail mail.

Temporary cards can be printed from the system.

Hmmm now they did say that it would be here in 7 days the shop that is. It was the people at SSI that I talked to that said it would take 3-4 weeks. GOSH I sure hope it does get here in seven days or less I would love to have it to show off.

Maybe the shop hasn't ordered it yet. Sometimes it will take them a whole day or two. :D Check with the shop, they should be able to print you off a copy as soon as they order it, IF they are doing it online, which I'm sure they are.

I even went to check myself out.

USER (********************) IS IN SYSTEM ...
NO CERTIFICATION FOUND (0010002**********00000000019781.********.*****)

Then it goes one the show a list of my cards. Gotta love this new technology.

You got that right Lead_carrier, I went to the store today and talked with them about getting a temp since I thought it might take so long and they had to go through and enter me into the system and then printed me a temp card. Once I got home I checked the site again and poof there I am. When I did the check it only shows the same temp card that he gave me but hey I can be found in it now and that is a lot better than not being found in the system at all. At least now I might get some air if I can ever find a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom