Proper Location for Bolt Snap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheSherpa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
For a 7' primary. Where is the proper location to put the bolt snap on the hose? Same for the SPG :)

hoseconfig-all.jpg
Bolt Snap for Primary Reg

One fist/hand length from the second stage is pretty typical. On the SPG I attach just below the swivel.

For a 7' primary. Where is the proper location to put the bolt snap on the hose? Same for the SPG :)

The dangly end where else...lol

Just pick how you want to connect those bolt snaps and go from there. For the 7' there are also lots of options for quick disconnect break away connections for those times you REALLY need to get it unclipped quickly. Some people like them, some don't... I like the RAZOR Break Away Connector for the ability to get the hose deployed without having to unclip the reg.

Don't forget to leave space for your hand to make it easier to donate.

I clip it on the hose and put a little takeling to keep the razor clip it in place.

As mentioned, for longhose, one hand width from the stage.....
The SPG snap goes just on the rubber next to the metal, avoid putting it on the metal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom