Proper weaving of cam straps through BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEE0019-2T.jpg

It would make sense that outer slots are for independent doubles.

As Mattboy states, the inner+outer slots allows you to weave a wing onto the backplate, and hold it in place with the cam bands.

See the Dive Rite Transpac or Zeagle Ranger or Jet Harness.

I've yet to see a STA-less BP/wing set-up that had the same rock-solid stability of one that uses a STA.

Golem 35 with the built in STA is nice.

I regularly dive an Al80 on a Dive rite plate. I stopped using an STA 2 years ago because it did not give me any advantage. Far from being more stable I did once have the wing nut come loose and have the tank feel very insecure!

DSS and HOG setups do not require an STA. That is good for us with some mobility issues in the shoulder area. I don;t want my tank further away from my back. Along with it being more difficult to reach the valve it puts the center of gravity higher. To me an STA would seem to make everything less stable. I want the tank right on my back. With the DSS setups it feels like a part of me.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom