Pros and Cons of becoming an Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1st Sgt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I've been diving since the mid-90s and recently retired from the military. I'm currently a divemaster and am considering a second career as a scuba instructor. The VA will pay for my course and equipment but my counselor has insisted I interview several dive professionals and document their answers before she will approve my paperwork...but to make it more difficult, they can't be people from my LDS. Silly, I know, but it's the VA, and I need her signature. If several of you professionals would list what you consider the primary "Pro" and the primary "Con" of being in the dive profession and provide your first name and last initial and location (state or country should be sufficient), I would be grateful. I could probably just make it all up and satisfy her requirement but am trying to follow her directions as closely as possible. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom