PSA: mySSI App - remember to sync

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwerle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Couldn't find any of my C-cards on the new mySSI app. Instead I saw a great big add for an OW course! And some silly "awards" and "badges" which I doubt anybody would recognise as a certification.

After a bit of searching I found my cards on the SSI website today (they weren't there, or I couldn't find them, last week).

Just discovered a "hidden" section in the app allowing synchronisation, including C-Cards.

Home - click on your mugshot which takes you to your profile, then in "Settings" under "Synchronisation".

So remember to sync before heading off on your trip! This -should- be automatic, at least the first time the app is started and you login.

Happy bubbles!

good tip

for what it is worth.....our shop always recommends getting a real card to carry with you. with electronics there is always a chance something may go wrong. but to each his own. i am old school. i still get a printed boarding card too. :)

Apps are a pain, especially if you have certifications from multiple agencies.

Just get real cards, take a photo with your cell phone, and put them in an album called “Dive Certs.” Then you’ve got hard copies, electronic copies, an electronic version you can send ahead if required, and you’re not tied to an app that may or may not work when you need it in the middle of nowhere.

Of course one should have alternatives available (whether physical cards, photocopies, additional pictures, tatoo, whatever). This was just a tip for people who've just "upgraded" to the new SSI app and can't find their C-Cards on it when they're used to the C-Card being easily accessible on the old app, that's all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom