PSI Classes at Our World Underwater, TX - 27-28 Jan 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT SIGNUP RATE UNTIL 10 JANUARY 2017. SEE BELOW.

For those interested, I am holding a PSI Visual Cylinder Inspector Class on 27 January 2017 at the Our World Underwater Show in Dallas Texas. Class includes all handouts, textbooks, and certification. This certification course teaches the basics of conducting the annual visual inspections of solid wall and composite SCUBA and SCBA cylinders. The 6 - 8 hour course is suited for those new to visual inspection well as those who have been inspecting without formal training through its wide range of inspection subjects including damage limits, neck cracking, and laws affecting inspectors. Additionally, this course meets the OSHA and DOT requirements for employee HAZMAT training and attendants completing the course are qualified to conduct HAZMAT training for cylinder handlers. PSI is the only agency providing training that is recognized by the USDOT, Cylinder Manufactures, and the Compressed Gas Association. Previously certified inspectors may attend this full course for re-qualification. The course is open to anyone 16 years or older and no previous cylinder inspection experience is required. Participants receive certification as Visual Cylinder Inspectors upon course completion.

PM me or email me at tanktest@gmail.com, for more details. Additionally, one can sign up online at PSI-PCI - Home. Cost of the class is $295 per person for certification and $195 for the refresher certification if an individual has already been through a PSI class in the past. EARLY BIRD SPECIAL SIGNUP COST IS $275 until 10 January 2017.

In addition, I will also conduct a Valve Repair Technician and Oxygen Cylinder Technician Course on 28 January.

Valve Repair Technician - This course provides a broad overview of valve types, valve repair and valve care and maintenance. It is approved by the valve manufacturers. Students will be provided a Certificate of Completion. Cost of course is $195 per person and is 2 to 3 hours in length.

Oxygen Cylinder Cleaning Technician - This 2-3 hour course offers information and inspection training specific to cleaning oxygen service cylinders. The course has been designed by true experts and engineers in the gas industry on the subject of oxygen. Students will be provided a Certificate of Completion. Cost of course is $195 per person

To take the course do you need to have your own tools? If so can you provide a list of minimum requirements or a link to a kit to purchase? I have wanted to get certified the last couple years.

I own DiveScheduler and we will be a sponsor of the show and holding a reception for dive boat owners and crew. I'm sure you will have a couple crew members or captains from dive boats.

For all three classes, no tools are required to attend. I provide all required tools, equipment, textbooks, and handouts. In class, we do go over the tools both required and recommended for tank inspections, valve repair, and O2 cleaning. For those wanting tools, or tool kits, you can purchase them directly from PSI-PCI at PSI-PCI - Home but for first time inspectors, I recommend waiting until after the class to purchase since new inspectors receive a discount coupon with their certificate in the mail.

For the Visual Inspection Class, I also provide all the tanks used as training aids, but I always tell students to feel free to brink one of their tanks for the hands on portion if they want to. This allows them to practice on their own equipment so if the have any questions they can ask in class. Plus they get a free visual inspection for their tank out of it. All I ask is that they remove the valve before class. (Hotels are not fond of tanks being purged in the hallway.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom