Psychology of the Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bottom of Clear Springs Scuba park looks like ink blots till you accidentally fan it, sink into it, disturb it etc, then it looks like... Lights out...

I often set there mesmirized wondering where life will take me 35 minutes from now when the air is low and I gotta lug this 30 pound tank back for air, only to dive down and ponder life some more.

Hello,

Cecilia, if you want to private message me about this subject, since the people that's posting here can't seem to take the matter seriously, I can send some reference material to you.

Ed

Thank you boys for all the suggestions, some of your posts are veeery strange :mean: and funny!
Yes, Ed, I am interested in general.-
No, I don´t hate my mother (may be sometimes...) and I don´t dream of trains... I just want to know why we feel so fine risking our lives, as ID accurately exposed..."Going into a hostile and unforgiving environment with limited life-support "
And I knew some of you would not take it seriously, but then, if we had a PMS, where would we find the fun!

Cecilia

What you wear make an impression on your fellow people.

You can dive with me, but resurfacing is questionable

get narked it's cheeper than beer

gang way

taste like chicken ( shark holding sign pointing to diver)

I once heard a quote " to fully enjoy life you must face death"
that would go along with what ID said.,

:doctor: Okay I'm on the couch, do you have your pencil and clipboard ready?? When I was a little girl I dreamed of swimming with the fishees......

Note: Just thought I would throw in this interesting story. Actually no one realizes this, but I invented the first dry suit! When I was two years old, dressed in a winter snow suit, I toddled over to the water's edge and looked down at all the fish swimming just beneath the surface of the bay. I thought it would be nice to see them up close....so I jumped in. My mother found me bobbing at the surface, thank God the snow suit had positive bouyancy. This is based on a true story. Now there must be no doubt that divers really are crazzzzzy.

Fishkiller-you said; " to fully enjoy life you must face death" that would go along with what ID said.

Is "wearing tight fitting gold lamae neoprene " considered the “facing death” part or is the "Going into a hostile and unforgiving environment with limited life-support?"

..inquiring minds want to know?????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom