PT-015 discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn't getting at you Chris! I just meant that I think that the housings are designed for a little more than 'beach goers'. I agree that their housings are for recreational divers - 40m limit! That doesn't mean though that recreational divers can't be serious (at least not to me!). A lot of the pictures that I see posted on SB are every bit as good as the ones I see in dive magazines - but probably cost a lot less to take!!

KimLeece:
I wasn't getting at you Chris! I just meant that I think that the housings are designed for a little more than 'beach goers'. I agree that their housings are for recreational divers - 40m limit! That doesn't mean though that recreational divers can't be serious (at least not to me!). A lot of the pictures that I see posted on SB are every bit as good as the ones I see in dive magazines - but probably cost a lot less to take!!

I know :wink:

I just ordered a PT-015 from Sams Club online for $141.64. I sent in the order and they are shipping .

Right at 150 bucks from 17th street photo out of New York. I emailed and they say they've got a good stock of the housings just no cameras. Its www.17photo.com. Good luck in finding everything you all need. I'm tempted to find the cash to order the housing and worry about the camera later. It looks like the camera is the easy part to find.

I ordered PT-015 housing from 17th St Photo today - and it was shipped - now PT-015 is listed as back-ordered on their website - www.17photo.com It seems the supply is rapidly drying up!

I emailed 17th street photo even after it said "out of stock" and he told me to call today and he had one for me. But, I was out of town today so no luck. I did end up ordering one from Samsclub.com this evening using my folks account info.

I also emailed Olympus asking point blank if it was discontinued. They sent me back an email giving me a link to their "replacement parts" which had it for $259. But, they never answered my question..... I may reply to their email and ask again. What would it hurt?

There is at least one on ebay for $189. I have found another store or two that have them but they are in the $250 dollar range so I didn't bother looking further. B and H photo still has them in stock. Samsclub is a great option too if you're a member. It would have been another $35 if I hadn't used the folks info. Good luck in finding the housing. Now its off to research the best price for the camera. See y'all later, Greg

alcina:
My spare arrived yesterday. Considering where I am I just couldn't deal with having to wait when/if something goes wrong. And as DH thinks he might want a 5050, too....we are halfway there! LOL

That's one reason I was so glad to hear Beast say he wanted to upgrade to a 5050/PT-15....I have a spare for both! :D

DEe got guestion since your set up is simlat to mine what will we have to change if we go to Ikelite houseing. as far as our strobe ect thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom