PT-015 real depth rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BioG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the 5050 with PT-015 housing, and I know it's rated by olympus for 40m (120'), but I was wondering if anyone has run into problems approaching that depth?

I was talking with a friend, and he said he wouldn't trust it past 50', but he's a die-hard Ike housing user, so he's pretty bias against the "cheapo" housing.

I've taken it on about a dozen shallower dives (30') without even a fogging problem so I figure it'll be ok, but still wanted to doublecheck.

-Steve

BioG:
I have the 5050 with PT-015 housing, and I know it's rated by olympus for 40m (120'), but I was wondering if anyone has run into problems approaching that depth?

I was talking with a friend, and he said he wouldn't trust it past 50', but he's a die-hard Ike housing user, so he's pretty bias against the "cheapo" housing.

I've taken it on about a dozen shallower dives (30') without even a fogging problem so I figure it'll be ok, but still wanted to doublecheck.

-Steve
I've taken my PT-016 down to 118 I believe.

James

I've carried my PT-015 housing to a depth of 146 feet and taken pictures. I have almost 200 dives on the housing and most have been to 70-80 feet. After about 100 dives, I took the mode dial control assembly apart, cleaned it and put it back together.

Some people have noticed weeping around the mode dial assembly in this housing. I believe a lot of this may be due to not carefully seating the camera in the housing and making sure tha the mode dial is aligned with the assembly before sealing the housing.

The two floods that I know about with the housing were both user errors with the door gaskets.

I dive with a bunch of UW photogs...~ten of us using the PT-015...we dive frequently and we dive hard. The housing is good to the rated depth and below.

I have had mine down to 100 ft a couple of times and had it pressure tested to 130 ft for 45 minutes (when it was new and no camera in it) with no problems.

I've also had mine down to 105 feet.

I didn't take it on my 125 foot dive just to be safe. I didn't miss anything, as there wasn't a lot to see at the bottom of Devil's Throat (Cozumel).

-Mark

I've had mine past the rated limit several times with no problems.

Mine gets to do a deep dive (up to 120+) and then a shallow. The only thing I haer is the small popping sound that the housing makes when it adjusts to the depth. 150+ dives and still good :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom